pre op support groups near Fontana, CA

Nancy H.
on 8/24/11 9:25 am
Does anyone know of any upcoming support groups near the fontana area. I have to attend at least one before I see my surgeon... preferably ASAP. Thanks.
Dave Chambers
on 8/24/11 10:40 am - Mira Loma, CA
My surgeon sponsors a group in Redlands, usually meeting the 1st Tuesday of each month. Preops or post ops are welcome. Some attend due to surgeon requirements, but the bulk of the people  in attendance are longer range post ops.  suhbariatric.com has an address and list of dates. Meeting starts at 7 PM, but if you come that late, it's likely you'll have trouble finding a chair. It's a popular meeting with around 100 in attendance at almost every meeting.  I'd also highly recommend to attend this type of group post op. Don't just go to the required meeting.  You'll gain a lot of knowledge about post op issues and can hear how other post ops dealt with their issues.  Good topics, good discussions, etc.  I go to this meeting every month, as well as 2 others.  Support is something that most post ops need at various times after surgery. DAVFE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

MurphysMom
on 8/27/11 4:45 am - CA
Dr. Krahn's support group meets once a month at St. Bernadine's Hospital.  It;s in San Bernardino which isn't too far for you.  I travel all the way from La Verne to go there.
  One day at a time, and one meal at a time, and I WILL reach my goal!  
Maurilia1
on 9/30/11 3:39 am - CA
Did you ever find one?
Most Active