What The......Hair loss?

nmcmanus66
on 10/29/12 3:53 am - CA

Can you guys tell me what all these posts are about losing your hair? I'm really freaked out by that.  Since I'm pre op right now is there anything I can do to prevent that from happening?

Carlos Valdez
on 10/30/12 6:01 am - Liverpool, NY

I wouldn't worry about the hair loss right now it's too early especially since u haven't had surgery yet. But it does typically. Happen to women more than men around losing like 60 or more pounds. But if you take all your vitamins and follow the diet to the exact proportion you should be fine. Even if you do lose some hit it is not permanent. It will grow back. My mother had that problem after losing so much weight so fast after her surgery and it came back even fuller. Hope this helped. Take care. 

Living Life
on 11/6/12 12:12 pm - Riverside, CA

Take Boitin. Every day once the doctor tells you can take pills. Take one at night and one in the morning. EVERY DAY!!!! and you will not lose your hair.

Luana

SRBELLOBUON
on 11/10/12 1:10 pm - CA

i had my RNY on 4/16/12, and began loosing hair  the end of July. At my 3 mo. check up with my surgeon, she explained to me that hair growth goes in 3 mo. spurts, therefore, i began loosing my hair the end of July because the previous 3 mo., i was unable to get suffcient protein because I got sooo full sooo fast because of my small pouch. As time progressed, I was able to eat the required amount of daily protein intake, which in turn helps w/ hair growth. about the 3rd wk of october....no more hair loss, and already regrowing!  (please remember, all your hair doesnt fall out....i noticed mine was mostly along harline under bangs and thinning @ sides. )

Most Active