TOTALLY SCARED

BLESSED32M
on 9/29/06 2:11 pm - Upper Marlboro, MD
Hello All, anybody else out there scared to actually go through with wls? i'm looking for some support. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
miss-350
on 10/9/06 7:14 am - CT
RNY on 12/11/06 with
Hi I am getting a little nervous myself, I have been to the 3 months ago tomorrow oct.10th I go to see the doctor.at this point I am getting nervouse, and have been on these boards for a few hours now am am getting more and more nervous. I do want to go throught with it WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE YOU HAVE TO EAT TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO EAT. Just keep thinking positive about this.I find sometimes that when I keep reading alot about it it makes me more nervous. right now I am going to finish filling out my paperwork so I will be ready for tomorrow. wish me luck and good luck to you keep in touch Jenny
BLESSED32M
on 10/10/06 11:26 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
Hello Jenny, you are actually the first person to reach out to me on this sight. I thank you for that. I am totally scared about having the surgery. I'm still in the early stages and I find myself floating back and forth. One minute I'm all for ending this lifestyle, then on the other hand I think about possible death and having to leave my husband and kids. I'm only 33 years old and I don't know if I'm truly ready to face having to leave my family. I pray that God will direct me onto the right path. I do wish you luck on your journey, and I hope to hear from you again soon. Annie Please feel free to e-mail me direct at [email protected]
miss-350
on 12/8/06 8:43 am - CT
RNY on 12/11/06 with
HI I am going in on monday dec.11, I am so happy that it is happening.I am going to have it done at middlesex memorial hospital, in Middletown ct.
BLESSED32M
on 12/22/06 8:10 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
I haven't checked my messages in a while. I really hope your surgery was successful. Let me know how it went. I'm totally excited for you! Annie
deafdeer41
on 10/11/06 11:46 am - Bowie, MD
Hi Jenny, I am now 3 months post op and let me tell you I was scared silly right before I went to my first appointment with the surgeon and then days prior to surgery. You are what is called "normal." I think some would think something was wrong with you if you were not afraid. This is a major life changing decision and event. I personally have no regrets. Being a looser is a wonderful thing. I was a gainer for so very long and now I feel better, my diabetes, HBP and everything else that was controlling my life have lessened or vanished completely. Today I took my daughter to Taco Bell and she asked me if she could eat the other Taco in the bag. I said sure, Mommy doesn't want it. She said Thanks Mommy, are you trying to get as skinny as you can? I said absolutely. She said, well, you're getting really skinny now, I can tell. How awesome is that! Of course there are risks and you shouldn't take this decision lightly. My advice, read everything you can and then read it again. Go to some support group meetings and talk to the people who have had the surgery or are contemplating it. Information is power. There are indeed other alternatives, but for me I decided it was all or nothing. I wanted to be around to see me 3 kids grow up and I wanted to do what was "right" for me. Best wishes on your journey. EW
BLESSED32M
on 11/12/06 1:20 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
Hi Jenny, I'm sooooo sorry that I haven't responded a little sooner to you message. I had kinda given up hope with this website. I hadn't gotten any responses, so I had stopped even checking, and was dealing with the whole thing on my own.( with the help of one friend who has already had the surgery) I thank you for responding, it gives me a renewed hope for this website and for people in general. I hope your appointment went well back in October. I look forward to maybe talking with you again. Keep in Touch Also! Annie
Most Active