Plastic Surgeons in No.VA - Balancing Price with Quality?

birddream
on 1/6/09 9:33 am - Falls Church, VA
I am 4 years post-op and am just starting to entertain the idea of plastic surgery.  I have a list of Board Certified Plastic surgeons in my area.  My question is:  Is there a website that lists what different doctors charge for the same procedure?  My fear is that I choose Doctor A who charges $8000 for a tummy tuck, when Doctor B only charges $5000 but is just as well-qualified and maybe just spends less on advertising.

There seems to be two "gods of plastic surgery" in Northern VA.  Dr. Bitar and Dr. Krieger.  This is based on their substantial marketing efforts, and are the only two doctors on this site that are reviewed at all.  Should I expect these more well-advertised doctors to be more expensive simply because of their relative fame or does the fame and being well-advertised indicate that they are a better choice regardless of how expensive they are?

I know there are other things to consider, but I just wish I knew what every doctor was charging so I knew if they were all about the same or there are drastic differences, and if so, why? 

Thanks,
Nick
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 4:09 pm - Falls Church, VA
 Dr. Spear is one of the best and he is the head chief of plastics at Georgetown University Hospital.  He's been doing it for 30 years.  I dont know what his specific rates are, since my two procedures are being covered by insurance.  He's been on a lot of TV shows, etc...very well known.  I think the two mentioned above are a tad bit overrated.  His # is 202-444-8751 and usually books appts 4-6 weeks out.  My first appt is on the 29th so I can schedule my surgeries for June.  Do you have any questions you want me to ask while Im there regarding a particular price?
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 4:16 pm - Falls Church, VA
 Wow I see we both live in Falls Church and have Dr. Anez as a surgeon.  I know Dr. Anez does plastics for arms.  From what Im told, he gives his patients a substantial discount on the procedure as well.  I may go through him later on this year.
birddream
on 1/12/09 8:27 pm - Falls Church, VA
Hmm, I'm a little leary using Dr. Anez for any kind of plastic surgery procedure, but if his rate is just too good to pass up, I may consider it.  I would be curious what Dr. Spear charges for a "body lift"  and an "extended abdominoplasty."  Please also ask if he offers a 60 mo. finance plan.  Thank you for your offer!

Nick
gbitar007
on 1/27/09 3:33 am
Hello Nick,

This is Dr. George Bitar. I saw your posting as I was browsing the forum. Congratulations on your ongoing journey.

I cannot speak for other plastic surgeons, but I do know Dr. Krieger and he is an excellent plastic surgeon. I can tell you also that I really enjoy operating on patients after they lose a significant amount of weight because the results can be very satisfactory. I do have a lot of experience doing this type of surgery and would like to invite you to see the special section about "Plastic Surgery after Weight Loss" and "Plastic Surgery for Men" on my website at www.DrBitar.com with alot of explanation and before/after photos. All the prices are posted as well.

My e-mail is [email protected]. Fell free to contact me if you have any questions about tummy tucks or other procedures.

Sincerely,

George Bitar MD, FACS
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Most Active