EA Sports Active for Wii

luvsexytrstno1
on 2/22/09 2:49 pm - Anchorage, AK
Read more, see a video of the game , and pre order at my blog;
http://luvsexytrstno1.blogspot.com/2009/02/ea-sports-active- for-wii.html

This game promises something between the disappointing Gillian Micheals Fitness Ultimatum 2009 for the Wii where it promised true 1 to 1 motion during the exercises but failed horribly to deliver (read my review on it for more on that) and the My Fitness Coach for Wii that doesn't utilize the Wii controllers at all except for entering data. In my review for My Fitness Coach I commented that the game had great potential to utilize the Wii controllers to sense your movements and form but didn't even try to utilize them. At least that was better than the Gillian Michaels game that promised but failed to deliver. I also wrote that I hoped someone would come out with a game similar to My Fitness Coach that would include the great personal training options, goal setting options, customized workouts, and deliver on the 1 to 1 motion promise of the Gillian Micheals game. Could EA Sports Active for the Wii be that game?
Well, if you believe all of the pre-release videos and reviews, then it very well might be! It shows your calories burned IN REAL TIME as you are actively working out! (how customizable and accurate this feature is, we will have to wait and see) It also includes a special Nunchuk leg holster to better sense your movements during some of the exercises. It includes resistance bands also. The workouts are 20 minutes but they can be customized and the difficulty level increases as you workout over time. Again, we will have to wait to see how they do this.
Most Active