Frustrated

ASLgeek
on 10/7/10 6:00 am - Lakeland, FL
I was wondering if anyone knew of a surgeon in the DC area that won't make me sit through another seminar?

I have been through 15 million and 1 seminars (most of them on my old insurance alone). I am tired of wasting my time. I am a college student and I work. I don't have free time to sit through anymore seminars. I have thoroughly educated myself about the procedures and have made up my mind. I don't feel there is anything else they can tell me in a seminar that I don't already know (maybe in the educational classes that's another story).

I found a surgeon in FL, sat through the seminar and all, they told me what I needed for my insurance co but they won't even send me the medical record release forms which bothers me because I don't live in FL anymore, I don't have the time or money to constantly go back and forth to FL pre-op (post-op is another story as that probably won't occur until after I graduate).

I am beyond frustrated and just want to get the ball rolling.
Jack_Fabulous
on 9/3/11 3:40 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
On October 8, 2010 at 11:15 AM Pacific Time, md131s wrote:

What type of insurance do you have?

Call your provider or ask your PCP to refer a surgeon locally. I started my WLS journey in October  2009 when I sat in on one of my surgeons seminars. My first consultation was a month later. My surgeon presented me with a laundry list of pre-op work which I am fortunate that he did. This ensured  us both that I had no pre-existing  health issues.

The  whole process took from October 2009 to July 2010. The wait was well worth it because I learned so much about my health and wls. Also I learned so much from the nutritionist that I did not know. Although you've done your research, the surgeon and staff are your best source of information.  And the time goes by so fast. Since you have your mind made up, find a good surgeon, go to the seminar,  schedule first appointment,  sit back and enjoy the ride.

One more thing.. The surgeon that you choose should provide resources that incorporate behavior modification, nutrition and adequate follow-up.

M.

Do you still have that laundry list of pre-op work?  I'd be interested in seeing it. 
md131s
on 10/8/10 4:15 am

What type of insurance do you have?

Call your provider or ask your PCP to refer a surgeon locally. I started my WLS journey in October  2009 when I sat in on one of my surgeons seminars. My first consultation was a month later. My surgeon presented me with a laundry list of pre-op work which I am fortunate that he did. This ensured  us both that I had no pre-existing  health issues.

The  whole process took from October 2009 to July 2010. The wait was well worth it because I learned so much about my health and wls. Also I learned so much from the nutritionist that I did not know. Although you've done your research, the surgeon and staff are your best source of information.  And the time goes by so fast. Since you have your mind made up, find a good surgeon, go to the seminar,  schedule first appointment,  sit back and enjoy the ride.

One more thing.. The surgeon that you choose should provide resources that incorporate behavior modification, nutrition and adequate follow-up.

M.

Most Active