Bariatric-Friendly PCPs in DC?

MoLawEd
on 10/7/10 7:45 am - Cambridge, MA
Hey folks -

I'm about 18 months out. I just started a new job with a new health plan, and I'm new to the DC area.  I need to find a PCP (internist preferred) who is bariatric-friendly.  Like, I know I don't need their approval now or anything, but I want someone who is familiar with the surgery, will order me regular labs of what I need, won't judge, etc. 

There are a few listed on this site with positive reviews, but none of them are accepting new patients. :-(

I need to fill out this form like, yesterday.  The health insurance company requires that I list a PCP, and our office administrator wants me to turn in the form tomorrow if possible (she doesn't realize I have reason to be a little pickier than most people about PCPs.)

Anyone know of any bariatric-friendly PCP in the area?  I prefer someone based in the District because this is where I live and work, but of course I'm happy to go a little further afield if that's the best I can do.  Maryland is a little more convenient for me than Virginia.

Please help. Thanks!!

Having RNY was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Approx highest weight: ~350. Highest measured weight: 338. Surgery weight: 297. Lowest weight (for 5 minutes): 169. Current weight: 209. Goal weight: ??? - maybe 180-185, which was my maintenance weight before the regain.

yms92
on 10/11/10 8:40 am - DC
Hi,

My PCP is Dr. Angela Marshall at Comprehensive Women's Health with offices in Silver Spring & Bowie - www.mdforwomen.com.  She is a very bariatric-friendly internist and she shares office space with a bariatric surgeon.

YMS

Valentine's Day Challenge- 227/221/220

MoLawEd
on 10/12/10 3:20 am - Cambridge, MA
Thank you so much! I just scheduled an appointment.  I'm actually excited about it. :)

Thanks again!

Having RNY was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Approx highest weight: ~350. Highest measured weight: 338. Surgery weight: 297. Lowest weight (for 5 minutes): 169. Current weight: 209. Goal weight: ??? - maybe 180-185, which was my maintenance weight before the regain.

Most Active