D.C.-Area Plastic Surgeons

Jennifer ..
on 5/17/04 5:39 am - Washington, DC
My lap RNY was Sept. 9, 2003, and finally, I'm just one pound away from my "normal" weight goal of 150 pounds (at which I'll have a BMI of 25). I'd like to go further (140, which once seemed like such a dream, is now looking a lot more like a real possibility), but I'm already beginning to think about the next step for me. I'm young, and I know a lot of my excess skin will shrink and retract over time. But, of course, there are some areas that need a lot of help. Frankly, I'm interested in pursuing plastic surgery to deal with excess skin on my stomach/belly/abdomen. And, unlike my bypass, which I had in NYC, I'd like to do this locally. I know this next step is a way out for me -- I'll need to be at a stable weight for a while -- but I'd like to go ahead and begin my search for the right doc. I've of course been perusing the local plastic surgeons in the obesityhelp.com database, but if any of you could chime in with your two cents, I'd appreciate it. If you have had plastic surgery, who was your surgeon? Would you recommend him/her? Why? At what hospital was your plastic surgery performed? Thanks so very much for all of your help with this. Jen.
Most Active