Recent Posts

CeciliaM
on 5/13/14 7:04 am - Newark, DE
Topic: RE: Healthy Changes WLS Mtg

just asking.  when is the may & june mtgs? speakers?

think you said the mtg is the third tuesday.  thought i would ask. thanks

CeciliaM
10cm band
Elissa H
on 3/6/14 10:35 pm - Wilmington, DE
Topic: RE: ?rant, frustration?

My c-pap broke in October. After 5 years my records went into storage. My Pulminary Dr. no longer took regular patients. I was considered a new patient. Had to wait for a month to see the next Pulminary Doc. The sleep disorder place only retrieves records 1 time a month. Oh My!!  In the meantinme thankfully my Primary Doctor had on record that I had sleep apnea and was able to order me a new machine. What a mess!! Just saying if you don't visit any Dr's office at least once every 3-4 years, they consider you a new patient???? Your records are filed away in a cave somewhere. You no longer exist. Doesn't that make ya feel special. 

Good luck Cecilia. Hope you get some relief. I had RNY not band. So not the same issues.  CHRIAS has always worked well for me. I now go to their office North Wilmington. Not the delay or wait at their Christiana office. Stay focused & positive. ((HUGS)) Elissa

CeciliaM
on 3/3/14 2:13 am - Newark, DE
Topic: RE: ?rant, frustration?

now i am understanding why the quality i have rec'd of late is sooooo different from 5-7 yrs ago.

i called for an unfill w dr wynn.  i cant get an appointment till march 17!!!!!!! omg. the quality of care!! she didnt ask any questions are reflux, too tight symptoms - nothing.  since the appointment is so far out, i asked for dr peters.  she mumbled something about i couldnt get peters. 

then i asked if dr wynn had access to my records from 7 yrs ago when dr peters did the orig lap band and adjustments.  the girl said yes.  i said i doubt it since dr wynn had no idea what kind of band i had nor how much was in there.  i want to make this an issue.  i would like to have a copy of that record from 7 yrs ago.  my last name has changed and gave that info. i want to pick up the info w/in the week.  omg

3/17.  i have surgery on 3/18 for my r kneescope!!!  omg    

CeciliaM
10cm band
CeciliaM
on 3/2/14 11:02 pm - Newark, DE
Topic: ?rant, frustration?

i had not been to CHRIAS in 3-4 yrs.

i made an appointment w dr wynn.  waited 5 wks. for my appointment w dr wynn. said i was having issues w heartburn and wanted to have the band checked after eating whatever over the yrs.  plus a "proper" blood test which my primary has not done for gastric patients.

dr peters put my band in over7 yrs ago. i wanted some one different.

when making the appointment i said i had been there but yrs ago so my "records" could be "retrieved".

i did have a weight loss!!!

dr wynn did order the blood test and Fluoroscopy . well since nothing i do is simple uncomplicated - got an appointment the next day. yeah. so i did the blood test and scopy in the same day.

the scopy showed all is ok. my concern is dr wynn was not knowledgeable of which band i had in me nor how much was in the band. since the scopy showed all is ok, she suggested to removed the fluid and put it back plus some. 

well since nothing i do is simple uncomplicated- after she had done the with and fill the uncomfortable feeling was a bit much for me.  i started to faint.  i ended up in the er. i am fine ty.

my issues are

a week later and i can only do liquids STILL.  applesauce & plain yougart come up. 

i do not want to return w/o dr wynn having knowledge of what type of band i have, how much was in it back then.

i believe the fainting was anxiety (she didnt know what band i have nor how much was in there) along w pain & discomfort. 

i remember dr peters saying the band was a 10cc and i was at 9cc.  dr wynn said something about 4cc. 

i know what i have to do, get band loosened. hopefully soon but dont want to return if they are guessing. 

is there a patient advocate, doc visit buddy that could go w me ( no i havent made the appointment yet)?

i am sure this will work itself out but someone somewhere dropped the ball.

i thought dr wynn had access to the medical records even though it was over 7 yrs ago, i was dr peters patient and the name change.  i thought i had communicated that w the staff when i made the appointment & checked in also.

thanks for listening.

just in case u have wise words for me.  my cell is 302 367 3181

ty keep warm

CeciliaM
10cm band
Elissa H
on 2/27/14 7:54 am - Wilmington, DE

Cecilia, Sorry I missed you. We meet every month. Christiana always has a Speaker from 6 until 7pm. Then Healthy Changes meets from 7 until 8:30.

I only know of 1 other meeting in the State of Delaware, at St. Francis Hospital. Mary Ellen Sparks Leads the meeting to support the folks that have Surgery there. Anyone interested

in starting a support group could. We used to have 4 or 5 meetings both North & South. I attended as many meetings as I could.

Next month the Speaker is on Plastic Surgery with Dr. MacRae. March 18th. The month of April will be Dr. Peters on April 15th. He is awesome and I always come away with something new.  

Hope to see you then. Elissa

CeciliaM
on 2/25/14 8:58 pm - Newark, DE

good speaker.  got the group involved. 

mtg was gd.  havent been to one in yrs. would be interested in attending more in other local locations.

hopefully will be there next month

CeciliaM
10cm band
Elissa H
on 2/20/14 10:27 am - Wilmington, DE

Curious, Since I did not make it to the meeting, Did anyone make it? How was the meeting?

Elissa H
on 2/14/14 1:34 am - Wilmington, DE
Topic: Healthy Changes WLS Mtg

Christiana Care Health System Weight Mgt Ctr

Date: Tuesday February 18, 2014

Where: John Ammon Educational Center

4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark, De 19718

Topic: Yes, you can really work out in a chair

Speaker: Elaine Conklin, MS, Exercise Physiologist

Time: 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm

Healthy Changes WLS MTG

Time: 7:00 pm until 8:30 pm

Guest Leader will be Katey

Come Learn & Share 

CeciliaM
on 2/5/14 8:43 pm - Newark, DE
Topic: 7yr reset?

today is my 7 yr.

i noticed after recently having the flu, that i am hungry. ok. but i was getting ready to go to work and noticed the food i prepared SHOULD NOT be only holding me for say a couple of hrs. but more like almost the whole day.  oopss.

i was thinking of returning to doc, whom i havent seen in YRS, to re do the band.  ya know let the fluid out, wait a couple of wks and then refill. 

what ya think?  gd idea? 

have to check. the last time i was there.  yrs ago.  to remove the fluid to validate the current amount was one charge.  to put it back was a second charge. ugh. 

i miss those mtgs at FIRST STATE SURGERY w LUCY and those.  those were the days. 

best to all

thanks

CeciliaM
10cm band
Elissa H
on 1/21/14 1:28 am - Wilmington, DE
Topic: Snow Storm Rescheduling

Due to snowstorm!!

Forwarding message from Kim Tran, Christiana Care.  Healthy Changes will also be reschduled same date 7pm until 8:30pm.

Email me at [email protected]

Elissa

Hello,

With the impending weather forecast for tonight, Weight Loss Surgery Support Group scheduled for Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at  6 p.m. at the Ammon Education Center, Christiana Hospital Campus is cancelled.

We will be rescheduled this support group  to  Thursday, January 30, 2014, from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Ammon Education Center, Christiana Hospital Campus, Newark, DE .  The same topic “Seven Ways to Jump Start Your Metabolism” will be presented.

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you at our next support group.

Thank you ,  

The staff of the Christiana Care Bariatric Surgery Program

(302) 661-3475

Most Active