Recent Posts

Hambear
on 11/15/08 10:48 pm - Millsboro, DE
Topic: RE: Sunday Roll Call
Ellen, From my understanding they are picking the top 5. We were in 4th place the last time I looked. Thanks for your support ! Hopefully many will be pushing buttons for us all day. The winner will be announced on Friday. Look at it again. The results are on the top. We had 10.8 % and #8 had 29.5 %. It is hind of tricky  for you vote under and results show above. I will be watching the results every now and then myself and voting too.  I have called everyone I know with a computer to vote. See you lighter ! Joanne
Hambear
on 11/15/08 10:40 pm - Millsboro, DE
Topic: Thanksgiving
What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year ? Last year I ended my day at the outlets . They opened at midnight on Thanksgiving and had great bargains. It was packed. It was the start of Black Friday. I personally look forward to that day every years. I love bargains and like Amy I will stand for hours. This year I will be working that day for the first time . I still look forward to looking at the ads and hearing about all the adventures. Yes you meet some rude people that day but most of them are kind and helpful. All on a mission. Next year I will be back in the groove and ready to go early. Ok back to Thanksgiving ! What are we eating that day and how will we avoid temptations ? See you lighter. Joanne
ews
on 11/15/08 10:30 pm - Hockessin, DE
Topic: RE: Sunday Roll Call
Joanne,  I have been thinking about you and your family.  I pray for a peaceful day for all of you.  I voted for your roof several times yesterday and today :)  It doesn't show that many votes.  It looks like roof # 7 has someone sitting at the computer and voting all day.  That's what we need to do for you.  I will keep pushing the button while I am watching the EAGLES this afternoon.  Good Luck.
Love,  Ellen
Hambear
on 11/15/08 10:27 pm - Millsboro, DE
Topic: RE: PULSE CHECK!!!!
Amy, I have to tell you I just love the name of this post.  Sometimes the board gets so guiet you would think there was no pulses. You are doing a great job with this posting. Please keep it up.See you lighter. Joanne
Hambear
on 11/15/08 10:22 pm - Millsboro, DE
Topic: Sunday Roll Call
Good morning Delaware,  The wind is whipping all the leaves around in Lower Slower Delaware. My car was covered yesterday so I cleared it off. It is a gray car but you would think it was orange for it is covered with fall leaves again this morning. Yesterday I mentioned the roof contest. You can still vote for our roof today. Please go to www.oc104.com and vote for roof #20. Hopefully we will be picked and we will get our roof fixed. This means alot to me for it was something Bob wanted to do before he got ill. He had lots of company from his family yesterday. His time is getting very close.  I hope all has a blessed day today. I know sometimes life looks a little bleak with all the people out of jobs and the price of everything going up but if we look around we can always see someway we are blessed. Well what is everyone up to today? See you lighter. Joanne
Hambear
on 11/15/08 10:38 am - Millsboro, DE
Topic: RE: Update from Joanne
Thanks for voting. Debbie sent in a really nice story but they didn't post the stories. See you lighter. Joanne
miamouse
on 11/15/08 9:27 am - Morristown, NJ
Topic: RE: Update from Joanne
I voted, come on folks..vote early and often!
Hambear
on 11/15/08 1:55 am - Millsboro, DE
Topic: Update from Joanne
Sorry Guys ! Life has been very hectic in the last couple of weeks. Bob is nothing but skin and bones. Hospice was here last night for over 3 hours . His care is getting harder and harder. I had to return to work this week or lose his medical insurance. Since I am on medical leave without pay the state will not pay my insurance. I got a letter last Friday stating I owe $1079 each month for September and October. I called personel and if I returned to work I would only have to pay part of it. I started back to work on Wednesday. The company has been very good to me so I am not complaining. I only have to work 2 days a week to keep my full time statis and quaify for my benifits. Debbie is staying with Bob while I work. My supervisor is letting me work every Wednesday and Friday to get my days in this month. Good news is I got a car. It is a 99 Ford Tauras. The same kind of car my son demolished in July. Debbie sent in an entry for our roof to get fixed on www.oc104.com. If you really want to help us out log on and vote for roof #20 on the Neediest Roof on Delmarva Contest. Today is the last day to vote.  I have to run but I will post again later. See you lighter. Joanne
amy C.
on 11/14/08 11:59 am
Judy--

Great to hear from ya. Im soo glad thngs went so well at your appt.
As for black friday,  i worked at KB toys on kirkwood hwy for about 5 years so after working shopping is  cake walk....LOL.  Its crowded but people are ususally trying to help each other and you meet really cool people when you stand inline inthe cold for hours...LOL

ENJOY!!!
JUDY C.
on 11/14/08 9:21 am - Bear, DE
Hi Amy & Kathy,
I've been on the quiet side.  Still check out the site daily though.  I just had my year check up with Dr. Peter's.  He
was very pleased with my progress, no complications, no more asthma, sleep apnea or high blood pressure and I've lost 123 pounds since surgery!  Yay me!
I started Christmas shopping for the kids.  I wrap as I get them to keep them from snooping.  Going to my sisters for Thanksgiving.  She's always so considerate, she asked if I needed any special dishes or foods fixed a special way.
Kathy, I'm just like you, if I stay away from the carbs, I can loose weight so I try to keep them at a minimum.  I track on
Mydailyplate.com to help keep me in check.
Amy, I hate black Friday!  No way would I go shopping, I might get arrested the first time someone snatches something out of my hands!!

Everyone take care,
Judy

~Believe in Yourself~

Most Active