For The Vets: What's Your Thing? Tell What You Know.

sia
on 8/2/09 12:29 am - NY
 I was trying to find Levitttown's fabulous search formula that can be used for OH, but I'm finding myself confuzzled. I thought I had it bookmarked, but apparently, I didn't. Needless to say, this got me thinking, Levitt is fabulous with his cheese chips, search formula code and so on. Lori is amazing with the whole chia seeds, abdominal pain brilliance, cheap protein eats and Body Fantasies. Elizabeth is the queen of Reglan and Prilosec ****tail, Diana is brazill with her insurance and DS facts as is Pretty Dove with her wisdom. Colene is effing amazing with the day to day eats recipe jazz. Julie R and Red are amazing with their day to day emotional wisdom support. AA is genius when it comes to the basics of DS life and how to start with your good foot forward. There's a slew of others and my mind is running dry, but  can this thread be dedicated to the thing that you know  the best? This might help newbies and the round of pre-ops about to go into surgery. Please post what you know that works and will save people time and heartache! This way, we can just bump up the threads, for those who are studying the DS.
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
geberika
on 8/2/09 12:44 am
Write down everything you eat -- not to judge yourself, but just in case you get diarrhea/constipation you can try to determine what caused it!

I think Vitalady KNOWS iron issues, and I think prettydove KNOWS calcium issues!

Erika - DS in 2008 - SW 162, LW 131 (2009), CW 160

sia
on 8/2/09 12:47 am - NY
Omg. I forgot Vitalady. WTF?!  See? I'm forgetting good people! Thanks for adding her! 
Kerry J.
on 8/2/09 12:44 am - Santa Clara, UT
Hmmm, good question sia. I suppose my best thing would be that I know RNY better than about anyone; having had it for 28 years.

Kerry
sia
on 8/2/09 12:47 am - NY
You do, Kerry! I was going to put that. So what would you say in a compact way about why RNY didn't work for you? 
Kerry J.
on 8/2/09 12:51 am - Santa Clara, UT
 RNY sucks.

mspppants
on 8/2/09 2:21 am - Leicester, NC
pretty ******' compact, Kare.. 

NyteFlower
on 8/2/09 1:28 am - PA
I'm not a DS Vet nor am I Kerri but a compact way of saying why the RNY sucks is basically...

if you like eating like normal folks and enjoy fats, not low-fat, zero-fat crap... i'm talking real mayo, butter, cheese... peanut butter... and yes the almighty bacon... you can't have it and keep your weight loss off.  After 2 yrs out, you will also be likely to turn to WW or another plan because eating 1200 cal a day is hard and it is dieting forever.  (** Individual results may vary **)
Kerry J.
on 8/2/09 4:48 am - Santa Clara, UT
That's all true and it gets even worse. RNY sucks because not only can you not eat all the things you just mentioned, but you also can't eat compact proteins like steak unless you wear your jaw out chewing it to mush, otherwise it sticks and you end up puking. You also can't eat rice or celery or anything stringy because it also sticks. Milk would make me dump, so cereal was out as was just having a glass of cold milk. 

I swear, I really do not know how RNYers keep their weight off; I managed to do it for 15 years with diet and exercise, but I was a very active person and besides all the sports I was involved in I would also be on my treadmill every morning for an hour. As soon as I couldn't exercise, the weight all came back and I was screwed.

The sucking never seemed to end, until I got the DS and even that sucked for a couple of months, but after those two months...boy oh boy, did life ever start getting good!

Sheesh how I love my DS!!!!!!

Kerry
MajorMom
on 8/2/09 12:58 am - VA
I don't really know anything I haven't learned here from others. LeaAnn and Carolyn have awesome information in their profiles and archives.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/leaann/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/spadequeen_10/

I trust VitaLady's advice on vitamins and protein, and my surgeon says to listen to her because she knows her stuff.

www.vitalady.com

My discovery: Food intolerance might not be limited to lactose as you were told by your surgeon's dietitian, you could have problems with gluten.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 806 views