Living with excess skin. Your input is needed.

molath
on 4/16/12 5:36 pm - MN
Hello,
I want to know how person who have lose more than 100 lbs are living with excess skin. I have not reached my goal but I have excess skin and do not know what I should do since I can't afford reconstructive surgery. Your stories will help. Thanks
galla1
on 4/16/12 8:59 pm
 I have extra skin now.. I have lost close to 140lbs.. My skin seems to be mostly mid section and inner thighs and my chest (they are like tube socks now!) I just wear support clothing when I excersise otherwise it hurts.. Personally I'm saving every penny so I can have plastic surgery. I'm 28 and it's not so much what it looks like..that part doesn't bother me so much as its in the way, and causes discomfort. Don't get me wrong it's not pretty when I'm not clothed, but its a reminder of how far I have come, and my hubby doesn't mind it :) so long story short I will have it removed one day.. But I want to make sure my weight is stable.. I'm almost a year out and I think if it weren't for the skin I would be pretty close to goal. 

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
AllieInOntario
on 4/16/12 11:34 pm
Beyond anything else... when having a surgery like this, you have to gain a certain sense of humor about your body.   Things sag, things droop, things... like boobs... disappear. :)

Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Valerie G.
on 4/17/12 12:10 am, edited 4/17/12 12:14 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I lost 145 lbs and have excess skin, but it's manageable and able to be concealed for the most part. Not everyone is this fortunate, but improvement is possible for anyone from what nature has left us as a cruel joke.

I take advantage of the lycra shapers underneath my clothes from my bra to my knees to give me the perfect hourglass, even with tight-fitting shirts. See my latest entry on my profile -- shaper!

I don't skimp on bras so my girls stay where they are supposed to. The formed cups are much better option, for it doesn't matter what shape your boobs are...they'll pour into the cups and look fabulous no matter what.

With the two of these, if I want to look particularly svelt, I'll do a lycra camisole over the other two, to create what hubby calls "Ft.Knox"...but it looks damned good.

Now, my legs are a mess. I thank God everyday that Bermuda shorts are popular, for I can hide the ugly parts well.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

molath
on 4/17/12 7:08 am - MN
Thanks for your stories. I haven't looked into shapewear but, I will look into soon.
Valerie G.
on 4/17/12 9:34 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
The key to shapers when you've lost your weight already is to 'smooth the bumps' more than stuffing them like a sausage, so get a larger size than the average person trying to fit into that perfect diva outfit will get.  That way they are perfectly comfortable enough for everyday wear.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sarah_Anne
on 4/17/12 10:11 pm
You never know how bad its going to be until you are there.  It just depends.  My lose skin is not really noticable.  The only thing I do have to be careful is to wear a pant size larger than I should otherwise I get a muffin top.  My boobs are a bit deflated but its not really that bad.  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
AllieInOntario
on 4/18/12 7:49 am
Def like the camie shapers.  I'll be looking into the bottom half soon.  Legs from hell.  Damn genetics ;)

Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 844 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1097 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 369 views