books on the DS?

nevergonnalearn
on 12/19/12 8:47 am - phila, PA
DS on 03/26/13

I bought 'weight loss surgery for dummies' before making the choice to have the DS. I have read a lot of websites along with the info my surgeon has given me. I still would love to be able to carry around a book with me to all my doctor appointments and read about life before as well as after. I would spend money on a book that is helpful that someone suggests then just going on amazon and picking one at random.

never trust a fart.

texasrigdiver
on 12/19/12 10:09 am - TX
DS on 11/29/12

Did WLS for dummies help you make a decision on the DS? Is there anything else your using influence your decision? I read a lot of scientific and medical reports. Some psychological reports but they weren't as helpful. a lot of the bariatric accreditation boards websites have links to reports.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

southernlady5464
on 12/19/12 11:53 pm

Unfortunately most books do not lean to the DS. The best information is found on web sites such as dsfacts

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

JazzyOne9254
on 12/26/12 12:51 pm

I have never seen a book exclusively about the DS.  It usually gets a cursory mention in weight loss surgery books currently in publication.  The Web is the best place to research the DS. 

Hopefully, there will be more information on this surgery as it becomes more widely performed.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 356 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 814 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views