Dr. Greenbaum postponed my surgery

tucnamacska
on 12/22/12 1:23 am - NJ

I've been lurking for a few months and recently joined. I had DS scheduled with Dr. Greenbaum on January 7, 2013, but he called my yesterday to say that he's been injured and he'll have to reschedule me sometime in March (TBD). I've had to completely re-arrange my life (turning down work projects, inconveniencing friends and family) to make myself available for surgery on that date.

I was glad to do it, but now I have to rearrange everything on the hope that it will occur in March. What if his recovery takes longer than he anticipates, and I'm left waiting into next spring/summer? I'm going to have to take a financial hit regardless, but I'm wondering if I should start looking for another doctor. Has anyone used Dr. Fernando Bonanni or Dr. Gintas Anatanavicius in Warminster. They're both within driving distance from me, and I wouldn't have to stay in a hotel. I'm inclined to stick with Dr. Greenbaum, but I don't want to be left hanging.

Feeling really frustrated and unsure right now.

nevergonnalearn
on 12/22/12 2:35 am - phila, PA
DS on 03/26/13
Bonanni is amazing. Very understanding. I haven't had surgery yet but I believe he was the best I could find. I have heard wonderful things about the other surgeon in hos office as well
Valerie G.
on 12/22/12 3:01 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's worth a call to see what their schedule looks like.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

texasrigdiver
on 12/22/12 7:25 am - TX
DS on 11/29/12

When I made up my mind to get the surgery done, the first doctor I was working with gave me a 6 week window, I called several other doctors and and finally went with one that could get me in 3 weeks earlier. It was incredibly labor intensive because I basically had to coplete my research on several surgeons at one time working towards the goal of a timeline. I blame my own stubborness and hardheadedness.

in the whole scheme of things though a couple weeks is an insignificant amount of time when you think you're going to have this procedure for the rest of your life. Time is important but don't go with a doctor you don't have 100% faith in or you haven't thoroughly checked out just to get the surgery done a few weeks sooner.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

MicheleNJ
on 12/22/12 11:41 am
DS on 04/01/13

I am going to wait for Dr. Greenbaum to get better. I have waited this long a few more weeks isn't going to kill me as much as I would like to have the surgery asap I would rather wait for him. I just hope I have enough recovery time for our vacation in July to Disney. 

J G.
on 12/23/12 2:04 pm

Does anybody have an idea what his injury is?  Don't mean to be nosy, but if it's something like a broken ankle you could feel fairly sure that he would be ready to go in a couple of months.....

MicheleNJ
on 12/23/12 2:51 pm
DS on 04/01/13

From what was posted he feel in his garage and hurt his shoulder and needs surgery. 

MicheleNJ
on 12/23/12 2:52 pm
DS on 04/01/13

Sorry meant he fell in his garage and hurt his shoulder. :)

JazzyOne9254
on 12/23/12 6:59 pm

A shoulder injury is a pretty big deal for a surgeon, IMO, and he might require physical therapy.  Stay in touch with his office, but at the same time, I would choose an alternate, make an appointment, and play it by ear from there.  At least, if Dr. greenbaum isn't ready, you will have an appointment set up to have your surgery elsewhere.  You can always cancel, and I'm sure there would be someone on the  doctor's waiting lists that they could fill that cancelation

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/12 6:32 am - ewing, NJ

His office called to reschedule my follow up appt that I had for 1/2/13 they said he had to have surgery on the shoulder as well...... :(

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 432 views