dizzy

preachermomma37
on 1/20/13 12:32 am - TN
I have been dizzy pretty steadily for 3-5 weeks. DH is taking me to the Walk in clinic to chk blood pressure. I get an average of 85+oz of water a day. Any other thoughts of what could be going on?
preachermomma37
on 1/20/13 12:58 am - TN
BP is normal. I just ate a bananna for some complex carbs & waiting to see if that makes a difference.
Valerie G.
on 1/20/13 2:54 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If your BP is on the low end of normal regularly, you may experience some periodic dips which could cause the dizziness.  This happened to me, and I started adding more salt to my diet and it helped.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

A. C
on 1/20/13 1:26 am

Not sure... I have been having this too. 

I do know I'm having low blood sugar issues and low blood pressure issues.

I do know dehydration can cause it as well.  You may want to try to bump up your water.

Herman
on 1/20/13 2:29 am

Hi,

buy yourself a inexpensive bloodpressure monitor at walmart, you probably have low bloodpressure. It happens to many after losing a lot of weight with the DS. A good way to help it is drink lots, close to a gallon a day (you are probably drinking enough if it is 85+ a day).

Also using more Salt will help with the low bloodpressure.

Make sure you get up slowly any time you go from a laying down or a sitting position.

A Banana is not a good thing to eat if you are looking for complex carbs. Bananas are extremely high in sugar.

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
PattyL
on 1/20/13 3:26 am

Most likely ate the banana for potassium!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 658 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 997 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views