please come to our party

vitalady
on 3/21/13 2:06 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
i know, i'm late, as I have been with everything for 2 years.

Tomorrow Don is 65. Scares the daylight out of both of us. Our staff has decided to help him forget by having sort of an open house all day, 8am to 7PM.

they elected to have a pasta bar, but including salad and at least 1 low carb pasta.

I realize it's a bit late for Liz 'n Charles 'n Gina to get here. But I did want to issue forth the invitation!

Both of us are spending more time and doc offices and testing. Coupla of hints: don't break your neck, then follow up with a fall of an RV roof. Damage that didn't happen that day can suddenly kick in later. I'm pretty sure one cannot "unfall", especially twice.

In my case, the thing that nearly killed me was a med! Fixed now. Most of my clothes fit again! There's a certain panic in not being able to zip my jeans, but I have to keep reminding myself that it is OK to not be able to zip the same size jeans as my 9 y/o grand daughter!

Let me say this again. The illness tha's kept me away so long CANNOT HAPPEN TO YOU. Unless my parents had other kids they didn't mention. These things have nothing to do with my WLS or my TYPE of WLS. In fact, it probably saved me from being in big trouble because they were caught in routine labs.

I really, really want us all to get full labs every 6 months. FOR LIFE. If you need to tweak, you need to check back to see if you tweaked too much, not enough, and how that change affected all the other numbers. Say you adjusted your vit D. What happened to your calcium and PTH? Important to see how everything fits together. We can't count on our docs to do this. My endo wants me D at 50! The lab he uses has a range of 20-50/ He's not interested in the bazillion studies that were hatched since 2007.

Anyway, the 6 monthly labs picked up some genetic issues, 2 of which killed my parents. One each. I've had a coupla things, diagnosed in the 80's, only one of which is monitored by lab work. But having identifiied it back in 1980, my age 30, no reason to check more often than annually, right?

That's where the WLS came in. 6 months nailed the newer issues while watching the old one. I make lousy blood cells. So did my dad. I've tried for 9 yrs to fix it nutritionally, which makes my hema roll his eyes, and he's right. I can't fix it. Any of them.

if you are local to m, please try to pop in tomorrow. love to see you. we could swap labs, but some of mine would make your hair stand on end. LOL But if *I* can control and element, it is a thing of great beauty!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

J G.
on 3/21/13 4:30 pm

Sorry I can't drop by, but wanted to wish Don a very Happy Birthday!   - Jenny 

MajorMom
on 3/21/13 6:38 pm - VA

It's great to see you!  

Happy birthday to Don.     Making all kinds of nifty good wishes for you both.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

OmahaMama
on 3/22/13 12:09 am - NE

Happy Birthday to Don! And glad you are feeling better. kiss

PattiCan
on 3/22/13 2:02 am - Camden County, NJ

Happy Birthday, Don!

southernlady5464
on 3/22/13 2:14 am

Michelle, unfortunately Charles & I can't make it...not this year anyway. Please give Don a hug from us and wish him a Happy Birthday.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/southernlady5464/animations/Birthday/Thecrowd.gif

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Huneypie
on 3/22/13 3:33 am, edited 3/22/13 3:50 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Sorry I can't make it, I'm in the wrong continent It's great to see *you* post and I wish Don a happy birthday.

Thanks for the pointer on 6 monthly labs. I think I'll be able to swing it. Annual labs did seem like a scary idea (was meant to be annual after my surgiversary in July).

*Edited coz I didn't notice the autocorrect on my new phone!!!

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Crazeru
on 3/22/13 8:42 am

Have a wonderful 65th birthday Don!  Make a wish!  

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 307 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 773 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 257 views