carb question

nativenewyorker64
on 9/22/13 12:32 pm - UT
I hear people say that with the ds you can gain weight from to many carbs, but every time I eat carbs I get gassy and poop my brains out. I end up losing weight. I couldn't binge on carbs even if I wanted to because they make me so miserable.

nativenewyorker64
on 9/22/13 12:33 pm - UT
By the way, my ticker disappeared. How do I get it back?

PattyL
on 9/22/13 12:42 pm

I see your ticker!

Carbs get easier to eat in time!

hollykim
on 9/22/13 1:10 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
The issue with carbs is that your body has to hold about 4 ounces of water for every gram of carbs you eat. Bodies have to have this water to process the carbs,even for us. When the carbs are processed ,the body expels the water. Tis is where your " water weight" comes from.
I will gain or maintain,EVERY time I eat carbs.
jashley
on 9/22/13 1:14 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I can eat carbs and they don't bother me at all now. 

They used to bother me pretty bad - bad enough to make me scared to eat them.  And it isn't like I eat a lot of them so my body just got used to it.  I guess over time the stomach and system harden up and I can eat a lot of things without my system blowing up on me.

nativenewyorker64
on 9/22/13 1:21 pm - UT
So your body will eventually adjust to carbs. That's a bummer. I love being so sensitive to sugar, milk and carbs its what keeps me losing.

starlightlu
on 9/22/13 9:47 pm - Canada

I'm glad you posted this because I feel the same way about carbs. It seems that everytime i have carbs (combined with loads of fat) I seem to break my stall and start losing. I don't want to start any bad habits so I appreciate the vets' input on this one.

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

jashley
on 9/23/13 1:01 am
DS on 12/19/12

I seems to work for most people.  It's stuff of legends on this message board. 

Valerie (I think) started the Krispy Creme Donut Stall Breaker.  It seems to work for everyone who has tried it.

southernlady5464
on 10/5/13 4:37 am

It's not really a STALL breaker but more of a constipation breaker. And it won't "clean you out" so much as break lose what might be stuck.

It's the combination of flour and fat. It's just a tasty way to do it.

I can always tell when dh is constipated...he tells me he needs a round of donuts. In 3 years, we've used that method to break the constipation about 4 times...but it doesn't make us drop weight. (We are both at goal).

IF we want to lose weight, we up the protein and fat.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Valerie G.
on 9/23/13 10:44 pm, edited 9/23/13 10:45 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Over time, the body adjusts a little to some things, or you find others that don't affect you so bad.  Thats where you risk regaining, but even then, it's not as bad as it could be.   I eat pretty much what I want and only regained about 15-20 lbs, and much of that is boobies and butt, so no complaints here.

I didn't start the KK stall buster - I have no idea who started it, but I will take credit for carrying the torch.

What I did start was the Ricotta Fluff craze - and so glad that I did.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 810 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views