carb question

JazzyOne9254
on 9/23/13 10:52 pm

Valerie-

I'm not sure where the KK Stall Breaker started...but I know I tried it, and I'm a true beleiver!

It's also a great tool if you happen to get "bound up", but that's not something that happens until you get further out.

Never thought I'd have that problem again!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/13 12:57 am
On September 24, 2013 at 5:44 AM Pacific Time, Valerie G. wrote:

Over time, the body adjusts a little to some things, or you find others that don't affect you so bad.  Thats where you risk regaining, but even then, it's not as bad as it could be.   I eat pretty much what I want and only regained about 15-20 lbs, and much of that is boobies and butt, so no complaints here.

I didn't start the KK stall buster - I have no idea who started it, but I will take credit for carrying the torch.

What I did start was the Ricotta Fluff craze - and so glad that I did.

What is the KK Stall Buster?  This is the first I'm hearing of it but I've been away for awhile.  

SH

Huneypie
on 10/5/13 1:37 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Eat a Krispy Kreme donut to break your stall, I guess sometimes you need to keep your body guessing what it's getting food-wise rather than just low carb the whole time.  The carbs will help 'clear' you out if nothing else!! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/13 1:58 am

Thanks!  I have heard of this before.  The way it was referred to just through me.  :-)  I have tried this several times before but I must be one of the unfortunate ones as it has not worked for me the same.  But then again, seems like all I have to do is look at a carb and I gain weight.  Believe me, I eat my share, carbs are my downfall and one of the reasons I struggle today with taking off and maintaining my comfortable weight.  

The other downer is that the only Krispy Kreme by where I lived has closed down....   :-(  Sometimes there is no justice...  

Huneypie
on 10/5/13 4:55 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Liz/SouthernLady just replied higher up saying she's of the opinion that it won't help a stall/lose weight.  I've used chocolate for constipation and that's worked for me.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Valerie G.
on 10/6/13 8:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The stallbusters only work when you're in the losing phase, the first year or so.  People like us are in the "settling phase" where our bodies are settling into something more consistent.  We have to work if we want to lose now -- not nearly as hard as pre-op, but it takes a little effort.  The DS is close, but really, there are no free passes.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Irishnurse
on 10/5/13 1:41 am
DS on 04/17/13

When you stall eat a big ol' krispy kreme donut and you will **** your brains out for a day and start dropping weight. It has been known to end stalls. It works for me. The last one I had I ate an entire pizza over the course of 11 hours and BAM started dropping like crazy the next morning. I have used it twice now with success as have many here. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Amy W.
on 10/5/13 12:31 am - Buckeye, AZ
Oh wow! I'm going to try this KK stall breaker! I've been walk/jogging so much and basically only eating protein and my weight won't move at all! I thought I was just gaining muscle, but maybe I need to add carbs/fat? When I eat anything gluten/dairy I get bad diarrhea/gas. Guess I should do it anyway and see if my weight goes down? Thanks!

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/13 12:54 am

Carbs of any kind cause me to gain weight.  I have to be very careful around them.  For me it did seem to get worse with time.  Be careful.

SH

Vicki PNW
on 10/6/13 11:58 am, edited 10/6/13 11:58 am

When I eat complex carbs, I experience no problems.  However, when I eat sugar carbs, I often experience gas pains.  I no longer tolerate sugar alcohols either, since these cause cramps and gas pains.

My stomach is happiest when I ingest protein, fats, and oils.

I now live nearly 2 miles from a KK store and drive by it at least once a week.  However, I have never visited that store.  Plus, it's in front of a new children's urgent care center!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 628 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views