4 Weeks post-op and only down 25 pounds

Bella0821
on 3/7/14 11:01 am

Im 4 weeks post-op and im only down 25 pounds, is that too little. I feel like im failing.  The doctor said i could start eating 2 weeks ago, which i though was weird but it was only soft foods so i went along with it. Here is what i have been eating

B-Pudding -SugarFree

L-Tomato Soup -  2 Crackers

S- 1 piece of Cheese

S - Tomato Soup 2 Crackers

thanks in advance for any help

NYer
on 3/7/14 1:09 pm

I remember my loss being *incredibly* slow.  When I went for my first group follow-up meeting, another woman had lost 40# compared to my 20.

How old are you? How much weight do you need to lose?

The weight will come off, I promise! :)

It's also time to start adding in some protein.  Have a couple of eggs for bf, or drink a shake throughout the day.

Bella0821
on 3/7/14 11:44 pm

im 34 and i have 70 more # s to loose

Huneypie
on 3/7/14 4:35 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

25lbs is excellent, but you don't appear to be getting in much protein.  You should be getting in 30g by now, 60g by 60 days out, 90g by 90 days and 120g by 120 days.

Ditch the crackers as you don't want to introduce carbs this early on.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 3/7/14 7:03 pm - VA

That's about where I was at 4 weeks post-op, but as Huneypie asked, where's the protein? No protein shakes? Those will keep you nutritionally healthy while you're losing. How are the vitamins coming along?

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Bella0821
on 3/7/14 11:46 pm

im right on track with the vits

shannn
on 3/7/14 10:44 pm - Knoxville , TN

I lost 22 pounds in my first month preop. I went on to lose 175 - slow and steady won the race for me.

I am worried though that the only protein I see on your list is the cheese. And there are a lot of carbs in most commercially prepared soups. Ditch the crackers if you can and add in some more protein. Ricotta cheese & eggs were good for me early out.

~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

skybabe34
on 3/9/14 4:04 am

That's about where I was. I am about 5 months out now and have lost about 70 lbs. I don't know if it is slow or fast, but I am happy with the results. I still have another 100 lbs or so to go, but I already feel so much better. I have more energy and am doing things with my kids that I just didn't have the energy or stamina to do before. Just like everyone else said, add more protein. Shakes are the easy way, as far as food textures, add what you are comfortable with. I ate a lot of mashed up beans and would add cheese to them.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 669 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1000 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views