Yup...Anal Fissure

Irishnurse
on 8/7/14 9:30 am
DS on 04/17/13

I thought maybe I had a thrombosed hemorrhoid but it is an anal fissure. They are going to treat it with a Nitro compound to relax my sphincter muscles. Has anyone else used this medication and did it heal your fissure? THIS **** HURTS! Miserable for four months. It is a compound of Diltiazem and Nifedipine. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

airbender
on 8/7/14 10:16 am

Yes, I have had 2 fissures, and they are very very painful....like almost passing out when I went to the bathroom.  the nitro takes a week or so but yes it works, I waited way too long for the first fissure, but the 2nd one I went to seek medical treatment earlier....yes I was in pain, bleeding for months also, with the nitro hopefully it will work and you don't need surgery.....do warm sitz baths too...2-3xs a day...but at least after every bowel movement...that makes a big difference...feel better

hollykim
on 8/8/14 12:53 am, edited 8/8/14 12:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

yes, I was given. That compounded medication when I had an anal fissure and yes it worked! My colorectal surgeon also told me to wash with a warm cloth after each bm and dry with a hair dryer on cool. I did this religiously and used the ointment. And mine healed.

Lyss Remaly
on 8/8/14 1:30 am - Wheeling, IL

oh go****his is terrible to hear!!

I have been suffering chronic fissures for two years.  It is absolutely terrifying to go to the bathroom.  I explain it to my family (since they are the ones that hear me screaming on the toilet) as trying to poop lava through barbed wire.  I have had the Nitro and it helped WITH the use of the lidocaine, pain killers and sitz baths 4-5 times a day.  I get botox injections in my rectum every 4-6 months since this is how long the botox usually works.  THe doctor has talked about skin grafting to my rectum, a sphincterotomy and a bag as a very last resort.

GOOD LUCK!! I'm sending virtual hugs because this is the WORST WORST WORST pain in the world and I would never want to wish this on anyone.

Huneypie
on 8/8/14 5:30 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I'm so sorry to hear this and I hope you find relief soon.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

NateH
on 8/8/14 7:11 am
VSG on 09/26/14

I hope I'm not being too personal, but is this caused by the frequency of BMs? I guess I'm curious in case I ever get my DS to know what to look out for, and this sounds very uncomfortable! I'm so sorry you're hurting and hope you get relief soon. 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

on 8/8/14 9:57 pm

I am curious to know too

VSG TO DS REVISION 

Irishnurse
on 8/10/14 4:24 pm, edited 8/10/14 4:27 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Yes, unfortunately I have bowel salts diarrhea due to issues after my gall bladder was removed. It was okay when I had a normal system before surgery because I only went about every other day. For the first year after surgery I went four - five times a day. This just tore me up. I have fixed the diarrhea issues and that has really helped but this fissure is refusing to heal. I did not know it was a fissure or I would have already went to a professional and received medication. I thought it was just hemorrhoids. I also wished that I had known enough earlier on to increase my Iron and calcium to such a huge amount. Increasing my iron and calcium as well as adding Imodium four times a day has changed my life. I take a ton of probiotics as well. Now things are way better in the bathroom. I go once a day and it is softly formed to medium formed. Unfortunately the fissure is there and even though the bathroom issue is under control every time I go it just kill me and the spasms I have are horrid. Unfortunately the fissure has torn deeper into my muscle and is not just a skin tear. Be prepared to increase iron and calcium and do not be afraid to take Imodium if you have diarrhea issues. Nip it in the butt, so to speak. 

SHFT_2
on 8/9/14 3:47 am, edited 8/9/14 3:48 am - Grand Rapids, MI

I just got over what I think was the worst anal fissure I've ever had. I didn't go to the doctor, but I was pretty close. I actually just used the severe hemorrhoid cream. It took a couple weeks but I think I'm finally getting back to normal. I'm so paranoid every time I have a bowl movement though. Hope you heal up fast.

For those wondering what causes it. I don't know that it is the frequency alone because I made it almost a year before I had a really bad one. I guess I did have small ones before, but nothing this bad. I don't know why, but it seems to be more of the soft bowl movements that cause it. I believe someone said in the past it's due to the acidity or something of the bowl movements when they are soft?

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

Irishnurse
on 8/10/14 4:26 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Yup, mine are acidic and I am sure it had something to do with it. I used the medication all weekend and it worked gloriously but I ate something that my intestines did not agree with this morning and I am paying for it tonight. Two days of no pain was wonderful. This medication works but you have to be careful not to rock the boat. I am eating completely clean for the next three months. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 631 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views