9 years - mine to claim!

Valerie G.
on 10/31/14 4:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Just like my birthday, I’ve been claiming my surgiversary for about a month now. Today officially marks 9 years post-op from the Duodenal Switch. I have regained only 14% back from my lowest weight that only bothers me because my clothing size is no longer a single digit. I’m told now that I look perfectly healthy, and I feel that way too.

• Vitamins are a habit and not a big deal at all.
  • Eating 100g of protein is easy.
  • I’ve only been ill 3 times in the last 9 years. My immune system is incredible!
  • One giant BM every day – that’s it.
  • I’ve nailed down most foods that give me gas, so it’s rarely a problem.
  • I eat normal small-ish meals, but large enough so nobody guesses I ever had wls.
  • I still don’t “exercise” – never did – but I enjoy active living.

I have to tell you all that I feel like a regular person these days. I am no longer obsessed with my weight, or DS living. I’m just me and very happy with myself. I will always feel grateful that I discovered the DS.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

buffalobillsfan
on 10/31/14 5:19 am - CA

I am 5 years this month and remember how important your posts/advice were when I was both researching the DS and post-op.  I was so excited when I saw your before and after photos.  It gave me hope because we had similar body structures.  I couldn't imagine then looking as good as you did.  Congrats on your 9 years and success story. 

P.S.  I'm a size 12 and love it! 

Star0210
on 10/31/14 5:20 am
DS on 11/28/14

That is wonderful...and I think what all of us strive for...just to live a normal life.

For the moment and just as I was before my sleeve surgery i'm obsessed and preoccupied with all things to do with the surgery and life immediately after. I know in time I'll get back to my normal...whatever that is! ha!

You, though, are a great testimony to what it SHOULD be like down the road.

Crazeru
on 10/31/14 9:15 am

Congrats Val on your surgiversary!  9 yrs.  I remember you from researching back in '07.  I'm 6.5 yrs out and love my DS, because I look and feel normal and healthy.  Thank you for staying around here and still helping.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

on 10/31/14 9:45 am

Congrats you look great

VSG TO DS REVISION 

ladybug513
on 10/31/14 10:22 am - NY

I'm so happy for you Valerie!  You've been an inspiration ever since I got switched 17 months ago and have provided invaluable feedback and advice.  For that, I am very grateful.

Thank you!  And here's to another 9!

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

beemerbeeper
on 10/31/14 10:57 am - AL

Huge congrats and even huger thank you for continuing to pay it forward for nine years. 

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/14 11:19 am

Congrats on your 9 year surgiversary.  That's a long time.  Thank you for paying it forward for the newbies on this forum.  May you continue to have great health and happiness.

PattyL
on 10/31/14 2:00 pm

Congratulations Val!

Sumundo311
on 10/31/14 3:26 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

Congratulations Val, you have been a great support to me and many others, Thank You

Susan

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 319 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 781 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views