Injectable appetite suppressant - from BMI 27!! ;-)

Huneypie
on 1/24/15 5:26 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I just read about the above which is going to be available in the UK in a couple of months' time, starting at BMI 27 with one co-morbidity (otherwise BMI 30).  It's a daily injection in the stomeach, first thing in the morning and weightloss is around 20lb in 12 months.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but if you've got a pre-historic sleeve then this sounds good.

Further details are here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2924101/Miracle-dail y-diet-jab-2-drug-helps-lose-19lbs-available-NHS-months.html

Not sure if anyone has tried it in the US yet, but I thought this may be of interest to y'all.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 1/24/15 6:16 pm - VA

Hmmm...I need it now just to help with grazing.  {sigh}

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 1/24/15 6:31 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Yep, I know what you mean. I think you'll need some ankle weights to get to BMI 27 though!! ;-)  It's nice that hope is in sight and it's an injectable so it should help malabsorbers that need a boost.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

PeteA
on 1/27/15 3:05 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hmm. That's interesting. I wonder if it is an off shoot of some diabetes drug.

I remember some of the newer ones had an appetite supressant effect.

In the US they were just talking about some kind of electric stimulation device that 
would help keep you appetite low but I haven't seen anything like this.

Pete

Huneypie
on 1/28/15 2:23 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Yep, I've done a bit more digging and it does seem to be a diabetes off shoot.  It's also known as Victoza and Saxenda.

I  my DS  

PeteA
on 1/28/15 2:28 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I've seen Victoza advertised here.  Probably in my Diabetes Forecast magazine. It's always
pretty amazing the "off book" uses people come up with. Just goes to show how much we
don't know. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 322 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 260 views