Distorted Thinking

Sumundo311
on 7/29/15 3:04 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

So I have been on this journey for close to 10 years, and I still have weight I would have liked to lose, but it just never happened. It's funny the things you tell yourself even after all this time:

I'll start Sunday or Monday or on a certain date, new month, etc, etc.

Then I"ll restrict what I have, or I will try for a balance, or I will just have what I want, etc etc

it can go on and on, everyone, has some sort of distorted thinking about weight and diet and exercise.

I also like to set the refresh button, oh it will be different this time, boy that is a good one

I don't have the answer but I am just spending time thinking about the lies I tell myself way to often.

and so for today, I will sit and ponder why........

Susan C

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

NoreenRT
on 7/29/15 6:04 pm - Warner Robins, GA

Oh my how your words sound exactly like the ones in my head. Why does food have to taste so good?

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

PattyL
on 7/29/15 10:37 pm

Yes it stinks to diet.  And we all wanted to be one of the lucky ones who lose more than they ever dreamed possible.  BMI 20...gimmee.  Please?

But reality says this just makes us normal women.  I have an acquaintance who has a perfect body and wins beauty contests. I DON"{T want to do that.  But guess what?  She starts a new diet every week and tries not to eat at all.  She counts her food in bites per day.

MajorMom
on 7/30/15 1:59 am - VA

Truth!  

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

LiZa_907
on 7/30/15 11:00 am - Anchorage, AK

we really do tend to play with ourselves on a psychological level. I keep a pair of my skinniest jeans draped over the chair back in my bedroom. I posted the rather lengthy saga of my weight loss surgery success/regain/horror surgery/and finally my saviors from Mexicali -Doctors Ungson, Esquerra and Beltran. Its titled 'one womans (something something) from good to bad and back to good if you have a moment to read.  

PeteA
on 8/1/15 9:29 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Sometimes self examination can help get rid of those pesky thoughts we all have.

Sometimes you just have to try something new for a while. It would be nice to have 
everything work out perfectly but for most of us we just keep working on it. Something about
the journey and not the destination I guess.

Pete

marshmallow2
on 8/14/15 11:26 pm

Hi:

I am from Saskatchewan and am looking to do a weight loss surgery better than the lapband which I currently have. Where did you have your surgery and what type did you have?

zann50
on 8/15/15 4:37 am

I am far from goal and seven months out...but, I do recall someone on this board saying...many months back that "nothing changes, if nothing changes".  I know I have heard this elsewhere, but it really resonated with me regarding the weight loss process.  It is a mindset I am garnering and the goal is to retain it for a lifetime.  I have already done everything that DID NOT work! 

Best of luck in your journey!

Zann

VGS- 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 299 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 256 views