Am I supposed to be this exhausted a week and half out?

Valerie G.
on 4/22/18 3:23 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was very listless for several weeks. Around the 6 week mark I started feeling like myself again.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

KimsyWhimsy
on 4/22/18 9:19 pm
DS on 10/25/17

I was extremely exhausted for about a month. It's a major surgery, so your body is focusing it's energy on healing. That doesn't leave much energy for everything else. It's normal and each day will start to get a little better.

GRANDMAr
on 4/23/18 11:56 pm
VSG on 10/21/16

Hi Sharon,

You need to remember that you have just had major surgery. It takes time for your body to heal and adjust. In addition, you probably haven't been 'eating' very much over the last month or two. Finally, remember, too, that you are 12 years older.

Allow yourself time to heal. Make sure you walk, every hour for at least 10-15 minutes. Keep adding time to your walks, little by little.

Keep healing,

Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

Vicki PNW
on 4/25/18 10:04 pm

Mine was a virgin DS. Even when I walked around the block and drank fluids daily, I was still very exhausted for a while.

It takes time for your energy to return, so take it easy for now.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

LadyDi9080
on 4/28/18 3:07 am - Tallahassee, FL

Girl, be gentle with yourself. Your body is healing from major surgery. You have been under anistishi (sp) and you are a 12 years older than you were. Walk, sip, take naps. I had to get back to work right away after my DS but I'd go out to my car and catch a snooze now and then. It was 6 weeks before I could really start walking and working out. This is normal.

SW / GW / CW  5'10"
306 / 165 / 140
With the DS: there is no stoma, so no stoma strictures; there are no limitations (other than volume) against drinking before, during or after meals; 80% of ingested fat is malabsorbed; 98.9% of type II diabetics are CURED of this devastating disease, with data showing stable cure over 10 years out; there is the best average weight loss and most durable (average 76% excess weight loss going out 10 years) of all of the bariatric surgeries.  That's why I had a DS!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 357 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 815 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views