Recent Posts

IGDiva
on 4/28/10 11:57 am - Orlando, FL
Topic: RE: omg....nutritionists
 Have you tried the local hospital run health club?  I found a great nutritionist when I lived in teh Space Coast that way.  
Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
Missty
on 4/28/10 11:38 am - Sebastian, FL
Topic: BCBS/Fla-Anyone approved?
Hi All,  Has anyone been approved by BCBS of Fla. for the VSG?  I have been told that I have an exclusion from WLS on my private policy.   I will have to self pay if I can't get this overturned.  Would like to here all stories, good or bad.  Thanks.
miniplk
on 4/28/10 10:33 am - Davie, FL
Topic: RE: Plastic surgery after WLS
It is good to start planning ahead. I had all my Plastic Surgery done by Dr. Bernard Shuster. Check him out on the OH site or his own website which is www.drshuster.net
Lucky for you he is local. He is the best. I have trusted him with my life and body several times. He is an amazing surgeon and a caring human being.

He will be speaking at the 2010 Sampling event which is coming up on May 25th in Broward. The event is free and open to all WLS patients and supporters. Dr. Shuster will be speaking there so you caan get a chance to meet him before you have to take all your clothes off!

Paula
OH Support Group Leader
WLS Veterans Group Facilitator
miniplk
on 4/28/10 10:28 am - Davie, FL
Topic: RE: 2010 Sampling Event & conference
Hi there. We are holding the Sampling Event at Holy Cross Hospital which is in Broward County near Commercial Blvd and N Federal Hwy. on Tues May 25th. I hope to see you there.If you want to e mail me at [email protected] I can send you an event flyer.

Address

4725 North Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33308

Directions
From the Turnpike

Take Florida turnpike to Commercial Blvd exit. Exit Commercial Blvd and travel east to US 1/Federal Highway. Turn right onto US 1/Federal Highway and travel .5 miles. Holy Cross Hospital is located on your right.

From I-95

Take 1-95 north to Commercial Blvd. exit east and proceed to US 1/Federal Highway. Turn right on US 1/Federal Highway and travel .5 miles. Holy Cross Hospital is located on your right.
Paula
OH Support Group Leader
WLS Veterans Group Facilitator
Pamela W.
on 4/28/10 4:54 am - Bartow, FL
Topic: RE: I desperatly need help, please
Good luck and keep me posted!

TaylorP
on 4/28/10 3:54 am - Orlando, FL
Topic: RE: omg....nutritionists
I have pretty good insurance, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and it still costs at least $150. I think that's just the going rate even with insurance.
Michael Eak
on 4/28/10 3:50 am - Largo, FL
Topic: RE: Just moved here need referral
The Centers of Excellence/Medicare required Doctors in the Tampa Bay area are Dr.Murr at Tampa General Hospital in downtown Tampa & Dr.Rehnke at the Palms of Pasadena Hospital in St.Petersburg (near St.Pete Beach).
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
MrsMac14fan
on 4/28/10 12:04 am
Topic: Just moved here need referral
I had my RNY done last year at MUSC in Charleston, SC. I just recently moved to Riverview, FL (Tampa Bay area) and I need to find a doctor to continue my bariatric post-op care and prepare me for my tummy tuck etc.  I asked my surgeon in Charleston several times for a referral but have not gotten one from them and I am tired of waiting. 

I have FL Medicaid and Medicare for insurance. Because of that, I am not able to go to doctors referred to me by acquaintenances. 

I trust the opinions of my fellow bypass patients! I am looking for a doctor with a sense of humor but who also takes the entire process very seriously. I want a lifelong relationship with my doctor!

Thanks for any help y'all can give me! 

Robyn 
eddieastea
on 4/27/10 10:14 pm - Lutz, FL
Guernica Loser
on 4/27/10 1:47 pm
Topic: RE: I desperatly need help, please
I know Dr. Murr will do your surgery.  When I went to his initial meeting there were over 50 people there.  Some were in the 600-700 pound range and they were scheduled to get surgery by Dr. Murr. 

I went to Dr. Bass since  I live in Naples and it's much easier for me, but if Dr. Bass wasn't going to be in Naples I would have for sure gone to Dr. Murr.   I paid $750 up front as well.  If you have diabetes then your nutritionist should be covered as well.  Oh, and as far as the psych evaluation goes...ask your doc's office to find one that takes medicaid.  They are out there.  I had one done by a really nice doc that took medicare.  In Naples noooo doctor takes medicare (psychs) but this one did. 

Best of luck
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 305 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1350 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1349 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1491 views