Recent Posts

ashes1985
on 4/26/10 9:16 am - Pensacola, FL
Topic: RE: 1 week out and need new idea on what to eat
When i came home from the hospital i was allowed scrambled eggs and thin grits. I lived on those. But for the first 8 weeks i wasn't even hungry and didn't care t eat. Ever doc is different but i think its stupid to be on a liquid diet for so long after. I handled eggs and grits just fine. I'm  3 months out and have never had dumping on anything! I guess you gotta wait for the go ahead on foods. IF it were me id try the scramble eggs...very small bites and CHEW!

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/10 9:07 am
Topic: RE: Ocala area Nut and Psych Evaluation
Thank you!  It's good to know there is someone local. I'll check with my insurance tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Best of luck on your journey.

D'Andrea
megan p.
on 4/25/10 4:24 am - Ocoee, FL
I have to tell you that I have an appointment tuesday with a pshyc in clermont. Here is his info:

Alexander Gimon
826W. Desoto St. Clermont, FL 34711
Phone: (352)241-8540

He got me in very quickly and has worked with Dr. Jawads patients before. Seems like a very nice office as well. Im not sure about cost but he takes my insurance (medicaid) so give him a call and check it out.

I also made an appointment with this woman:

Janice Bader
407-297-8408
$100/hr
Health Central physicians offices

She works very closely with Dr. Jawads office and has done tones of nutritional evaluations for him and Dr. Shebani (my surgeon) Shes located in Ocoee, which I know is pretty close to clermont and shes a very nice woman.

Good luck!!!

miniplk
on 4/25/10 3:37 am - Davie, FL
Topic: 2010 Sampling Event & conference
Tues, May 25th, Product & Services Sampling Event and Conference will be held at Holy Cross Hospital. 30 Vendors, 4 breakout sessions, Goodies to sample, products to take away and gift basket door prizes. ALL FREE!. This Event hosted by the WLS Veterans Support Group, US Bariatrics and Shuster Plastic Surgery. Let me know if you need more info.

Paula

Paula
OH Support Group Leader
WLS Veterans Group Facilitator
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/10 9:27 am
Thank you everyone. Good to hear about your experiences. I was having a bit of anxiety about the psych evaluation. I tend to overanalyze things, come to some crazy conclusions and get myself worked up for no reason.

D
ToniLee
on 4/24/10 5:19 am
I agree with Tammy Dr. Marcil did my eval. not too much to it.  Just a bunch of questions, like 500 and talked a bit.  I even sent my hubby before his sleeve in Mexico, even though it wasn't required.  The nuts on his list are real easy and can do it over the phone, they are also in Ocala.  Good luck Dr, Jawad is a great surgeon.

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

Tammy32817
on 4/24/10 5:07 am - Orlando, FL
I had my Psych evaluation through Dr. Marcil located off Ferncreek in Down Town Orlando.  He was on Dr. Jawad's list and I really liked him.  He stated to me that he has been working with Dr. Jawad for the past 4 years, you might try him.
Tammy R.            
Tammy32817
on 4/24/10 5:04 am - Orlando, FL
Thanks for the replies. I have been eating all of that, just wanted to know if there was anything else out there.  I can drink the juice and haven't dumped yet. I for one can't stomach the protein and I wish there was some kind of pill that we could take :). I'll get through it, I was having a ho hum day because hubby was eating all of my favorite foods during the day.
Tammy R.            
Michael Eak
on 4/23/10 6:25 pm - Largo, FL
Dr. Jawad's office should have a List of Nutritionist/Dietitians & Psych docs that they'll axxept their results from as there are others they won't accept documentations from too.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
kwangawoo
on 4/23/10 2:03 pm - Toronto, Canada
Hi Tammy,

I'm 2 weeks out and just getting wrapped up with full liquids.  I found I really got to like some of those probiotic yogurt drinks.  They're portable, go down easy, and are pretty tasty.  I also love tomato soup with cottage cheese. 

You'll be through it before you know it - hang in there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 292 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1339 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1339 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1483 views