New here

Dawn M.
on 5/25/03 7:43 am - Ankeny, IA
Hi all.. Im new here, dont even know where to begin in this process..I've been reading the posts and you all seem to have a great support system here.. just what I need in this journey.. I'm just learing about the surgery. I dont have insurance right now since I lost my job last month but once I get back on my feet I plan to ask my doctor about it and see if he can refer me to anyone for more info and to maybe get something started... Ive always been fat and Im just tired of being sore and tired all the time.. I just want to be active like I was when I was younger
Tina B.
on 5/25/03 9:12 am - Ia
Hi Dawn, I to am pretty new to this site. I have been reading an awful lot of stories here, it has been a great help to me. I have not had surgery yet also, I have a consultation in June. I know about being sore all the time, I have terrible pain 24/7 and I am so sick of it. I have done alot of research on the subject and have found this sight to be the best for info there is, especially to talk to people who have already been threw it. I am kinda worried though, I started to do some of the protein shakes, just to get use to them and HOWDY they are nasty, can't keep them down. I think it may be just because I don't know how to make them right. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Anyway, welcome and please feel free to email personally if you need a friend, or here is good to. Again, welcome Dawn.
Michelle H.
on 5/25/03 2:51 pm
Hi Dawn- welcome to our site. I have only been posting on here a short while myself but am already feeling at home. This is a great group! I live in Cedar Rapids so feel free to email me with any questions. I work at St Lukes and that is where I will have my surgery but no date set yet. My surgical consult is June 4 with Dr Keating who does RNY. Dr. Nielson does VGB and there is also a Dr Breiling in Cedar Rapids- not sure what he does cuz my ins won't cover him. If you want to go to Iowa City which is where I have had most of my major surgeries done and would highly recommend them, I will warn you that they are booked up longer than the locals. Best advice at this point until you can get your ins worked out is to read, read, read all you can about this until you have no doubts in your mind about what you want and what you have to do afterward to achieve it! Michelle
Julie D.
on 5/25/03 3:48 pm - Clinton, IA
Hi Dawn, I am so glad you posted! Good luck on your journey, make sure you keep us updated. I had the RNY on July 17th, and have lost 147 pounds. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. I totally understand the sore and tired comment, I have so much more energy, I do things that I never thought I would be able to do! I also know of people that had this surgery and Iowa Medicaid, Title XIX paid for it. Keep us informed and if you ever have any questions, please ask!! ~Julie
Dawn P.
on 5/27/03 2:53 am - Duncombe, IA
Hi! WELCOME TO OUR GROUP! I hope this website will become as much of a part of your life has it has for all of us! The before and after pictures will definately get you motivated... this website contains thousands of people who have done a totally amazing thing! They are strong, brave, and dedicated to improving their weight and health...they are all my inspiration! I only hope that I can do as well as they did on my journey. I have my seminar tomorrow at 4pm and my surgeon consult Thurs. at 4:30. (((Hugzzz everyone))) ~~~Dawn~~~
Christina H.
on 5/28/03 5:48 am - Mt. Pleasant, IA
HI Dawn, Welcome to the site, so glad to hear that you like it, you have probably mad the biggest move in your journey by posting. I have found the support to be wonderful hear and there is always someone to help with questions or just to lend an ear and offer advice, keep posting and let us know how you are and learn as much info as you can, it will only help you in the long run, again, it's nice to have a new person here, glad you could make it! Hugs and Prayers
Most Active
Recent Topics