Monday Roll Call

sjweiser
on 12/30/12 3:37 pm

Good Morning Everyone,                                                                                                                                                                                          

I want to wish everybody a happy and healthy new year. Yesterday I did laundry and did my grocery shopping. Then I watched a good movie, It is just nice just to chill. Also I am coming up to my 2 yrs ann since my surgery I am very happy with myself.

Steven 

crystal M.
on 12/30/12 8:40 pm, edited 12/30/12 8:42 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I had a very unproductive day yesterday...but seeing that I had nothing to do, that's OK.  I did over do it in the gym and I am a little sore.  To do the laundry I have to go down the stairs and every time I took a step I would say "ouch"...hahaha.  I thought I was alone and this lady was behind me...she probably thought I was crazy. 

I talked to Amanda yesterday.  They did get my packages and the candy I sent made it without getting melted.  She said they inhaled it.  She is excited to have me send her more!!!  They have chocolate there of course but I sent candy bars and M&Ms and Amanda said it was nice having candy bars.  Poor Charles got sick from something he ate and has been in bed.  I guess this happens quite often to both of them.  They are just not used to the food there.  They also have to boil the water before they can drink it, because of parasites.  The clean freak in me just couldn't deal with all this. 

Does have anyone have any big plans for New Years?  I never really go any where.  I usually stay in for the night...I'm not a big party animal.

Well I have to finish getting ready for work...we have a 1/2 day today.  So I have to drag my butt in.  Have a good day...Bye!

Lisa Tucker
on 12/30/12 9:18 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good  Morning on this final day of 2012,

Plans for this evening? We are going out to dinner and then home. Hubert will probaly be in bed by 9:30. So, I will be watching tv and then to bed.

This morning I need to go to my Dr. I need all new scrips for this year, since I switched from our regular medical plan to medicare and Humana. I also need to see about why my leg is still swelling. If she can't figure it out, I will be calling my heart Dr. for an appointment.

Yesterday , we got all the Christmas stuff  put away and the house is back in its regular look.Today, after the Dr. and a few errands, i want to stop at a friends for coffee.

Have a great day, and stay safe.

Hugs,

LISA

Nancy G.
on 12/30/12 9:46 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Evewryone!

It is harf to believe that it is the last day of the year.  My how time flies. 

Steven, I am glad that you got some R & R yesterday.  Has it been 2 years already?  That seems impossible.  You have done well and have every right to be pleased with your results.

Crystal, Crystal, Crystal.  By now I thought you knew not to over due it on the exercising.  I am surprised that you even got sore since you exercise so much.  I am sorry that Charles is sick.  That is hard.  When I was in Poland you could not drink the water so we used bottled water.  It was hard to remember to use if for brushing teeth but you adapt.  You just look at it as an adventure and it makes you appreciate what you have. 

Lisa, I hope you can find the answer as to why your leg is swelling.  That one through me for a loop and took awhile to diagnose. I hope you get an answer right away.  Also I hope your cyst is all healed.

Connie, I hope you and Kay enjoy your New Years eve plans at the hotel.  Sounds like fun. 

Dawn, I hope you have a relaxing day tomorrow and don't do anything. 

Rick  and I have no plans for tonight.  I am not a big celebrator of New Years eve.  I will probably sleep the new year in. 

Everyone have a great evening and Happy New Year

Cat Lady

Phatchick
on 12/30/12 11:23 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Steven and OH'ers,

My husband and I are going to see Les Miserables and then out for lunch. We usually do not do the party scene on this holiday. We are going to drive into the city about 7 pm and visit the Lincoln Park Zoo Lights display and then get home before the celebrations begin and the party-animals take over the city.

The tree is naked in my living room and will be taken to the curb today. It was such a gorgeous tree. The holiday snuck in fast and left just as quickly. It seems time is flying and I wonder if I am the only one who feels it???? If this is true, summer should be here soon (yeah right)

Today I will write my 2012 letter. It is a letter to myself that I slip in my ornaments box to be read next year. It details what I am feeling and every year when i open my ornaments boxes I get to read what I was feeling a year ago. I then slip the letter in a folder that I keep in one of the boxes. I have letters all the way back to 1983 when my daughter was 6. It's like a snap shot of your life in abbreviated form. I am always amazed at how the things that worried the most in January were long forgotten by December.

One of the best gifts i gave myself in 2012 was having WLS and getting on this site. It has been so wonderful "meeting" everyone here and having the support as I walk through this amazing journey back to health, strength and vitality.  

Enjoy your shortened day or day off.

Blessings,

Sharon

Lisa Tucker
on 12/31/12 12:55 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Sharon,

We were blessed for having you join us.

LISA

Phatchick
on 12/31/12 9:04 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Thanks for the sweet words enlightened

Hugs back,

Sharon

birder I.
on 12/30/12 11:57 pm - Rockford, IL

Happy New Year! We are taking off for Madison now to enjoy doing something different this year. Always  love to stay in a hotel, especiailly the Hilton overlooking Monona.

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

berts4
on 1/2/13 12:40 am - Rock City, IL

Oh MY!  THAT's where WE were!  Saturday and Sunday nights.  Wish I'd of known, would have loved to meet you for lunch before we left.  Hope you had a great time!  LOVED the hotel!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1096 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5620 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5361 views