Tuesday Roll Call

Nancy G.
on 4/15/13 10:13 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Everyone!

It looks like it might be a clearer day today.  Maybe we will see some sun.  I sure hope so.  I am stunned to hear about the Boston Marathon.  So hard to see such tragedies unfold.  They always are so senseless.  My thoughts and prayers are with those people who are affected. 

Last night I took Fluffer to the vet.  He was not to happy about the experience.  Although he survived.  The vet thinks his spraying may be due to some stress issues.  It seems so strange as he has come out of his shell so much since he has gotten his lion cut.  He seems less stressed and more aggressive.  Sigh.  Hopefully this too shall pass.

Today  is just work and no special plans.  I may run to Walmart after work to get some muffin pans.  I want to make my egg things. 

Lisa, Friday is creeping up fast!  I am glad things are going full speed ahead. 

Dawn, it would be great to only work 4 days a week this summer.  I hope it all works out for you.  I am all for stress reduction. 

What is happening in everyone's world today? 

Cat Lady

crystal M.
on 4/15/13 10:33 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I was shocked to hear all of this.  Amanda made me promise to text her all big news events.  When I was talking to her she was annoyed that I had not mentioned any of the North Korean stuff going on.  So I promised.  Not even 24 hours later I am texting her there were 2 bombs at the Boston Marathon...how strange it was to text that.  Turns out Charles had family there...they are ok.  I  remembered last year watching the Boston Marathon...it was the first day I was unemployed.  Can you believe it's been  year.  I have always wanted to run a marathon but I don't think it's in the cards for me.  I just can't handle the jolting...it gives me migraines and it also kills my joints. 

I am working my butt off with this P90X and I had some upper body pain yesterday.  OUCHY!!!  I think this will be happening off on for awhile.  Beause they change up the exercise continually...so you never get used to it!!! 

Today I will be working and working out.  That will be it for me.

So I got to get going..Have a nice day everyone...see ya later...bye

randy777
on 4/15/13 11:48 pm - Schaumburg, IL

P90X may be in my future after surgery but not now.  I do not want to be too hard on my abdomen but 200 inverted crunches a day used to be my relaxation time.

Abdominal wall repair, he will cut muscles on my side and pull them across my middle.  I will be kept in the hospital for a week due to the pain and after that he says I will curse his existence for four to six weeks. 

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

Lisa Tucker
on 4/16/13 12:10 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good Morning,

You are so right. It was a senseless tragedy that happened yesterday. Even though it was bad, it could of been so much worst. Hopefully this doesn't happen again, but we know it will. No place is safe anymore,

Nancy, i am so sorry you ate having Fluffer problems. The bad thing is that they really can't talk to you.

Dawn, I agree. a 4 day workweek is great. 3 is even better. Of course, this is someone who has been laid off for over 2 months.I know I will be called back, but I am not sure how many days a week.

Nancy, Friday is coming up fast. Now I am getting nervous.

I need to make an appointment with the eye doctor. I am starting to have trouble reading the newspaper. We usually go in June, but I think we will be going in May.

Today and tomorrow i will be just picking up the house and such. Thursday will be prep day.

Have a great day,

Hugs, LISA

Phatchick
on 4/16/13 12:38 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi My Peeps,

Today is day 2 of my 28 day cleanse and I felt tired and head-achey yesterday from going cold turkey and cutting caffeine. I only drink 1 large mug of coffee in the morning, but I drink 6-8 cups of green tea everyday. I am hoping today is better. On the bright side; I dropped 4 lbs.

Nancy, Fluffer sounds like Schnorrie....a bit of a scardy cat. Schnorrie doesnt spray, but he hisses a 100 times a day. He sometimes hisses at nothing.He sees things I dont see all the time. Bach flower essences in the water is what I do to try and soothe the felines.

Dawn, a 4 day week sounds awesome. I hope it works out for you.

Lisa, I am so happy for you regarding this new journey you are about to start. You are in my prayers. You are going to do great Friday.

Crystal, where did you get the P90X? Is it the one on TV?

Randy, whats an inverted crunch?

Connie, I'm so glad your friends are safe in Boston.

I am blessed, the sky is blue today.

Hugs,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 4/16/13 1:53 am - Joliet, IL
Sharon. Yes the P90X is from TV. It's from the same people that made the Insanity workout DVD...which is supposed to be even harder. I borrowed this from a friend. So I still have to buy it.

When I went caffeine free from drinking about a gallon of soda a day...I wasn't feeling good at all. I got headaches and I was tired. And I had the bright idea to quit on a Monday...why??? But by Friday I was feeling fine. But I went completely cold turkey nothing caffeine at all not even a little bit!!! I will never go back to that again. I was so hooked on that soda and I know if I have just a little I will be right back where I was so I don't even have a sip. It's been 4 years and I still will crave it sometimes. Especially on a hot day or when I hear some one crack open a can. It used to be i could imaginge the soda going down my throat and i would torture myself with the memory of that!!! but its not that bad anymore. Yes the craving is there just not as strong
birder I.
on 4/16/13 12:40 am - Rockford, IL

Hi folks!

Lisa, I'll be thinking about you on Friday. I'm so glad I had the revision even though I went thru H*** recovering. I'm so much healthier now.

My mind is still on the Boston marathon. It's such a tragedy. I just don't know what to think anymore. I guess the answer is to be grateful for each day we have and live it to the fullest.

Enjoy the sun today!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

berts4
on 4/16/13 5:09 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Nancy and the rest of Illinois!

I am also shocked about Boston.  What a sad, sad world we live in.  Just breaks my heart.

Working, then to buy a tiara, then home.  Liv's prom is coming up and she just MUST have a tiara!  She is going this weekend to her (girl) friend's prom, the Liv's prom is on her birthday.  She is excited, but last I heard.....no date.

That's about it for me.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 4/16/13 7:55 am - Joliet, IL

Dawn-  Amanda went to the prom with her best friend (who happens to be a guy...he was in her wedding but on Charles's side).  Even though there was no romance there they had a blast.  Amanda said it was on of the best nights of her life.  So if Liv is not one of those girls that HAS to have a boyfriend...she can have a wonderful time at her prom in spite of not having a boyfriend type date to take her.  And most kids go out and party or go do "other" things after the prom.  My daughter and her friends...they are so great and I don't know if I should use the word wholesome...but it might fit...they went to a friend's house and spent the night eating sundaes and milk shakes and playing board games...and Amanda came home at 3am....with an ice cream hang- over...hahahaha!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1185 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5679 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5442 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5448 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5480 views