Friday Row Call

LisaTucker
on 2/26/15 9:56 pm - IL

Good Morning, It is another cold one. In 1975 on this date it was 75. No one can believe that we started adding on to our house this month in 75. We were digging the foundation. You couldn't do it this year.

I have errands to run this morning, Kroger's, Walmart, the cleaners, and the $ Tree.

What is on your agenda?

Hugs,

Lisa

Phatchick
on 2/26/15 11:55 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Lisa and Pals,

You'd never know by looking outside right now, at that beautiful sunshine that yesterday, I was white-knuckling the steering wheel all the way to work and praying in tongues I was so petrified. I-80 was a snow drift-ice rink yesterday at 5am. By the time I got to work I was ready to cry. But thankfully I had no time because it was so busy. I froze my tail off and got snowed on while I worked. It was so nice to come home and take a hot shower and swaddle myself in blankets.

The sun is so warm and inviting. I have my blinds drawn up and the cats are all sleeping on their backs in the sunshine. You'd never know it's minus 1!?!?!?!?!?! C'mon spring!

I stopped at Whole Foods as I do every Thursday night on the way home from work and got a rotissere chicken (great minds Crystal) and had some sides I also got from there. Today I am making a chicken soup out of the carcus. The sore throat is finally gone, but the head cold and cough are still hanging around. Staying in all day. It's just too cold to go anywhere.

Carla, I think you need to relocate here..........anyone who is willing to travel up here from Florida in this weather is not a transplant but fierce!

I love winter, always have, but this cold has finally gotten to me and I am looking forward to spring. I think we are finally going to try and sell our house. It is so big and so under-utilized. I am almost done decluttering it. G is finally on board and I am going to have our friend who is a broker come out in early March to give me any ideas to sell it.

Hugs dear ones.......stay warm!!!!!!!!

Sharon

LisaTucker
on 2/27/15 2:11 am - IL

Sharon, My daughter Moncia was driving to work yesterday and almost had a head on. She was topping a hill and an idiot truck driver, coming the other way, was in her lane trying to past in a no passing zone. She went to the ditch, and was able to get back on the road, neither she or the car were hurt. She was just pissed. And the truck driver waved to her as he passed her. BTW, she couldn't get on 74 because of accidents.

80 was bad in our area too.

Lisa

crystal M.
on 2/27/15 1:20 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am so glad it's Friday.  I want to be lazy tonight and sleep in tomorrow.  I have not been sleeping well.  Can I say again I hate that bed!!!  UGH!!!  I don't understand what people like about it.  My couch was comfortable than this.  I am thinking about taking some Tylenol before I go to bed and head off the aches and pains that wake me up. 

You know I don't think I ever liked Winter.  I remember walking to school as a kid and being absolutely miserable.  I did live a little over a mile away so it was a trek.  I would get to school and just be freezing and my feet would be wet from walking in the snow.  Nothing beats walking to school in nice warm weather....Ahhh.  I always hated the Winter....LOL

Nancy- working at home sounds ideal...really my dream job.  I would love that.  I will send you some serious good luck vibes so you get this gig.  Like Sharon said this could be a blessing in disguise. 

Well on back work...lets hope 4pm gets here quickly...have a good day all. 

LisaTucker
on 2/27/15 2:13 am - IL

At least the sun is shining, and it is above 0. Snow again on Sunday, they are saying.

Lisa

birder I.
on 2/28/15 7:29 am - Rockford, IL

Hi friends,

We are home now and recovering from jet lag. I think we're about back to normal but being away so long is complicated with mail and the store. We won't do this again! But we had a great time in Australia and New Zealand. What amazing beautiful countries! We'd go back even tho the flight is so long. Amazing experience! 

The store was fine with Kelly in charge. She's glad for some time off now!

have a great weekend!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5601 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5344 views
Sunday Roll Call