Monday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 5/18/15 6:00 am - IL

Good Morning Everyone.

I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was quiet and uneventful.

This evening I am going to Bloomington to the Rainbow Mother Daughter Tea. I look forward to it every year. Plus, I am so glad that Morgan  and Monica want me to go with them.

I was having a hard time sleeping last night. That is very unusual for me. I finally got out of bed at 4:30 and had a cuppa coffee. I did get some sleep after that, but not much.

So, what is happening in your world?

Hugs,

Lisa

Phatchick
on 5/18/15 6:24 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Lisa and Friends,

We had family pics after church yesterday and then I took G to the airport. He is in Philly for work for a couple days. It's hard to sleep alone after being together for so long. He called me early this morning to say he felt the same.

A Mother-Daughter Tea sounds like fun. How many years have you been attending?

Tonight i will finally have Mother's Day with my daughter. She and I will go someplace quiet and have a cup of tea together and just catch up. I am looking forward to that. My 7 y/o grand daughter, Anneliese, told me yesterday she misses her Oma. She clung to me all during church, so I will have to find some special time to be with her, just she and I.

I have to go and get ready for work. Today is the law firm, tomorrow the banquet hostessing......love this right now.

Have a great day everyone 

Hugs, Sharon

crystal M.
on 5/18/15 12:10 am, edited 5/18/15 12:10 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am so tired and pooped out.  We worked our butts off. 

I tell ya I scrubbed and scrubbed Saturday.  That house sparkles.  Every room is done except for his office.  We still have stuff to get at the apartment but it's odds and ends in the closets.  Everything at the apartment is clean, except the oven.  I sprayed it with oven cleaner Friday before I left. 

Sunday we spent the day working outside.  He was working on the lawn.  I was working on weeds.  We have those paver bricks every where.  Paver brick driveway, patio, walk ways and front porch.  The problem is the people before us didn't keep up with the weeds between them.  I spent a good portion of the morning spraying weed killed between all the bricks (my back was a little sore from bending).  Then we bought really nice patio furniture.  The table has a stone top.  That was a pain to put together...and carry to the back yard.

Oh and there is creature of some kind living under the porch.  As I was digging up weeds I found a huge hole going under our porch.  I need to find out how to get rid of that...whatever it is.  I have a dead bush to dig up.  Mulch to lay down.  Bushes to trim.  Then I can think of flowers.   

Today...after work I would like to wash my car...it needs it badly.  I will go home and check on the weeds I killed with the weed killer.  I think I might need to go back over some spots.  And I am making turkey meatballs for dinner.  Greg is going back to the old apartment and picking up a few things he says he needs and forgot.   

Greg's family is coming over this weekend for a BBQ and to check out the new place.  He is excited.  He always tells me how much he has always wanted to have a place he felt was nice enough to invite people over.  I guess with his ex no matter how he tried the house was a disaster and he said he was embarrassed to have people over.  From what I hear (and not just from Greg) his ex was lacking in the housekeeping skills (I am trying to be nice with my choice of words...LOL).  Greg on the other hand I find to be pretty neat and clean.  But I believe that comes from his years at military school.  Yes.  He grew up going to a Military academy.  I find that interesting.  I like hearing his stories.     

I completely forgot to weigh in this past weekend.  I guess I will wait till next Friday. 

Sharon- Nice going on your decent paycheck.  I hear lawyers are notorious for being cheap.  Have fun with your granddaugter

Lisa- have fun with your tea party or did you have it already?? 

Well back to work.  Have a nice day.  It looks like it will be a perfect day...and I will be inside for most of it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1075 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5603 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5346 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5373 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5409 views