When will I find out if it's all covered ?

browneyes65
on 8/4/13 6:17 pm - IN

When I go to my Consultation August 15 I have some papers and proof of Insurance to give them, I have Medicare and Medicaid . I have a paper that say's I can get a Psychological Exam on day of Appointment for $120.00 Medicare reinbursed, has anyone done this ? I'm three hours away South Bend to St Vincents in Carmel . If I can save time and have it done on the same day that would work out good for me. When I turn in the papers and Insurance how long will it take to know if it will all be covered ? I can't afford any type of spend down I heard another post said, my family are on food stamps and I have a 20 month baby to take care of believe it or not I had her when I was shy 3 months of turning 47, and she is my world ! Do you know if St Vincent will wait until I know for sure if the surgery will be paid for before having me get tests done because it all will be for nothing if they don't pay it !

saterry
on 8/6/13 9:45 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I had to have my psych evaluation at St. Vincent before submitting to insurance but all the other test for preop were done after I received approval from my insurance. Then after all test were back it took about 2 weeks to get a surgery date.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

JazzyOne9254
on 8/14/13 3:33 pm

How soon you have your surgery depends on the outcome of your Psych eval. 

I had to go to the St. V's support group for six months prior.  At the time, there wasn't one in South Bend, so i had to go to Carmel every month for six months!   That's not to say that Dr. Stote thought I was nuts. 

I had been SMO most of my life, and I suppose he thought I would probably have a lot of issues to deal with.  I'm just getting to the body image part, and it took a good three years before I could really "see" myself, if you know what I mean. 

You won't get a surgery date until your psych eval is done and recommendations are made. You may have to atttend a certain number of support groups before your surgery is done. 

Also, when I went through, the psych eval had to be paid in ca**** was $110.00 at the time.

How quickly you get your surgery depends on how many "hoops" you have to jump through to get from Point A to Point B.

I hope it goes quickly for you!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

saterry
on 8/14/13 10:40 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I had to do 4 support groups. Completed them in a month and 1/2.  There are groups all over Indiana now and you can go to as many as you need.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Most Active
Recent Topics