Got Surgery Date

birdoffire88
on 7/8/11 1:13 pm
BCBS Federal approved my surgery.  The nurse stated it's the fastest turn around for approval she has ever received.  Approximately 4 hours. 

July 12, 2011 is my surgery day.  I'm looking for new friends that can offer advice, support, chat, etc.  I'm excited and scared to death at the same time.  The stress and fear are getting to me.  Can hardly eat without feeling sick.
colelea613
on 7/10/11 3:44 am - LA
WOW that was quick...I have to wait til August 2nd. 

Probably good thing you dont feel like eating.....

Good Luck
    Cole

birdoffire88
on 7/10/11 2:39 pm
thanks.  Now severe headaches from pre-surgery clear liquid diet.
G-Wiz
on 7/16/11 7:28 am - LA

I ALSO JUST GOT APPROVED FOR THE "SLEEVE". MY SURGERY DATE IS AUGUST 9. I WANTED AN EARLIER DATE BUT MY 1ST CHOICE SURG. RETIRED SO I HAD TO GO TO HIS PARTNER.  THIS MADE A SLIGHT DELAY.  I'M AM ALSO LOOKING FOWARD TO THIS LIFE ALTERING CHANGE FOR THE BEST.  TIME SEEMS TO BE STOPPING BUT YET RUSHING ALONG. CRAZY HUH!!!!  KEEP UP THE PROTEIN AND VITAMINS; GET IN THE BEST SHAPE THAT YOU CAN BEFORE SURGERY.... IS MY MOTTO. I HAVE BEEN EXERCISING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS....YEAH FOR ME! BUT STILL THE NERVES COME ALONG WHEN I LEAST EXPECT IT.

jenysez1
on 7/17/11 12:15 am - LA
Are yall all in Louisiana?  I finally got my date Aug 11th.  
Jenny

birdoffire88
on 7/18/11 1:24 pm
Yes I'm in Louisiana.
jenysez1
on 7/18/11 11:00 pm - LA
Wow you just had your surgery, how are you doing?  I am going to my PCP to get my clearance today.  My nerves are starting to set in a little now.  I live in Luling, about 20 minutes outside of the New Orleans area. 

Jenny

birdoffire88
on 7/21/11 2:05 pm
I've lost 21 lbs as of today (day 9).  I'm weak because I can't get all of my protein in.  We had a support group meeting tonight.  I got some tips from others.  I'm going to try them tomorrow.  I live in Prospect, it's about 15 miles north of Alexandria. 
jenysez1
on 7/21/11 10:54 pm - LA
21lbs is awesome.  I am sorry you arent feeling all that well.  I hope the tips help because from what I hear staying hydrated and protein is the key.  good Luck, Hope you feel Better.

Jenny

Most Active