SLEEVED ON MONDAY!!!!!

tavonscott
on 4/5/12 11:35 am - LA
IM GETTING SLEEVED ON MONDAY WITH DR. BORDELON IN NEW IBERIA AND I CANNOT WAIT. SAY A PRAYER FOR ME ON MONDAY AND GET READY LOSERS BENCH CUZ IM COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!
CravingSkinny
on 4/5/12 12:53 pm - LA
VSG on 06/14/12
 WOW!  That is quick!  Do you mind me asking how much it is?  Tulane's review board let me change surgeons to Dr. Noria.  Dr. Bellows didn't want to let me change surgeons, even though he is backed up til October, but the review board let me switch!  YAY!  I have an appt with Dr. Noria, yes the surgeon and not just her nurse, on Monday to discuss any last minute questions and I will be getting a date hopefully by the end of the month.  Do you have a pre-op diet for Dr. Bordelon?  Glad your waiting game is over!  Keep me posted!  
roxie66
on 4/5/12 5:33 pm
 I Have been going to Dr Bellows for 9 months now I did everything I was supposed to but evertime I go back his pa tell me something different .first I need to loose 20pounds then 25 now 30 I have never even seen the dr I don't know what else to do is anyone else haveing a trouble.and when ever i get data from my dr for them they say its not right and it take me so long to get a call back from his pa one time I waited 3 months for her to return my call.is there a nother dr I can go to I'm so depressed over this.has any one really had surgy from him? plus they eat up all my medicade vistes thanks plesae help .
Louisianawench
on 4/6/12 12:58 am - New Orleans, LA
VSG on 03/21/12
I just had surgery by Dr. Bellows on March 21st. I have to admit waiting was frustrating. Vanessa does change things quite often as far as weight loss goes. Put it this way, He doesn't like to operate on pateints who are over the 50 BMI so If you are, drop the weight and you will be operated on quicker.
katie70068
on 4/9/12 2:07 pm - LA
that sucks !!!   i lost the initial 20 ( and still loosing) i go back on april 18th for my final weigh in appointment. then i see dr bellows on the 24th for all my pre op stuff. i wonder why she made you do all that stuff ??? 
CravingSkinny
on 4/16/12 3:05 am - LA
VSG on 06/14/12
 I have good news if you are struggling with Dr. Bellows.  I have been going through the same stuff with him, Vanessa, and Sheila and I was beyond fed up.  I called Brooke Stowers.  The wonderful scheduler!  She has more pull than we know!  I voiced all of my frustrations to her and she discussed my case with Dr. Noria.  The new surgeon at Tulane.  They were able to get my case approved through  the review board at Tulane and now I am Dr. Noria's patient!!!!!! Apparently Dr. Bellow's won't let any of his patients go even though he has an extremely long wait. But that doesn't pertain to me anymore!!!! Thank God!!!! I saw Dr. Noria on the 9th to discuss everything in my file.  She said she liked to do an EGD (upper GI scope) prior to surgery to make sure everything is ok with my stomach.  She scheduled me for that same Friday.  Had the procedure done this past Friday and it was super easy!  Now I see her again on April 30th to discuss my results and set a surgery date and then get Medicaid approval.  She set my appt for that date so I could also attend a weight loss seminar at Tulane so my memory could be refreshed since it has been almost a year since I started this journey and saw the nutrionist. She said my surgery would be no later than the first week in June.  Dr. Noria is AWESOME!  I have spoken to only her about my case. I don't have to go through a PA or nurse. She is very thorough and I know I am in good hands. I know my wait is almost over.   So if you are going through struggles with Dr. Bellow's, call Brooke!!! She is amazing!!!!!! She is very pationate about helping weight loss patients!  Tell her  Melissa told you all about her and she will know exactly what to do!!!  I hope this helps!!!!!!   

Brooke 504-988-3589
[email protected]

Best wishes, 
Melissa
Shaniceh01
on 5/23/12 11:19 pm - Ruston, LA
 Hi. I'm currently dr. Bellows patient but I been thinking about switching because he is booked up until September already and I'm in college so that's going to I interfere with school so I was told by Ms. Laundry nurse if I change then I would most likely get it done this summer. Can u tell me how long it took Medicaid to approve you and how did your surgery go with Dr. Noria? Was it a wait with her like it is with bellows. I would love to hear from you
CravingSkinny
on 5/23/12 11:54 pm - LA
VSG on 06/14/12
When I was with Dr. Bellows, last August I was told January, January I was told June, and Febuary I was October.  That was when I knew I was not likely to have surgery any time soon.  So I had to have the review board at Tulane approve my switching to Dr. Noria.  I LOVE HER!!!!  I have had several appts with her and not her nurse.  She has been so helpful.  My packet of info was submitted to Medicaid last Friday, and I am still waiting to here if I was approved.  Keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Anyway, I have my pre-op appt with her tomorrow and it is their understanding that they should know tomorrow or not.  Upon approval, my surgery is scheduled for June 13th at 10am!  I am already on my 3 wk liquid diet which is required. (-3.4lbs since I started it this Monday)  It is very hard!!!! But I am proud of myself for not cheating at all! yay!! lol.....Dr. Noria is a new surgeon at Tulane so her wait is not long like Dr. Bellows.  But all the requirements are the same.  I definitely recommend switching to her.  She is extremely thorough and very personable. I will keep you posted on where I go from here. I know this process is long and can be very aggravating but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Good luck and keep in touch!

Shaniceh01
on 5/24/12 2:29 am - Ruston, LA
 Thanks for the reply and please let me know how things go, it's nice to hear from someone who is going through the same process as me. [email protected] is my email, feel free to email me at any time. Thank you
Shaniceh01
on 5/31/12 3:13 am - Ruston, LA
 How did your last appoinment go? Did you get your approvel
Most Active