Does it take a few days for a fill to" kick in"

AmberF
on 1/10/12 1:02 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
I dont know if its me but last week I got a fill and for the first few days I didnt notice any difference in restrition but the past 3 or 4 days I can definately tell!!! Its wierd to because for the last 3 months I had pretty much loss all restriction and was able to eat just about anything and everything and unfortunately I didnt have the self control. I had completely cut out bread ( it wasnt worth throwing up) french fries ( after many times of trying and not succeding I gave them up to wouldnt even look at them) and many more things. If I ate a burger I would take it off the bun and get a vegetable as a side. If my family had pizza I just ate the toppings. It took me a year and a half to get to that point. Then I lost my restriction and kind of went wild! I was really dissapointed in myself because I was eating things I hadnt eaten in months! I thought I was stronger than that. Then I was really dissapointed to find out that in those 3 months I had gained 20 pounds!!! However the weight gain is also because I was out of school and not going to the gym. All that being said I went to the doctor and got a fill and now I feel the restrictoin! I started class yesterday and walked all around campus. I will be getting my gym membership back in about a week and will be swimming everyday. Sense my fill its like bread and stuff doesnt even sound appealing again. Im feeling very optimistic and Im ready to get back on track.
justjudy
on 1/10/12 1:11 am - Canton, MI
I have had a fill take up to a week or even more to "kick in" and start working.  Not sure what exactly might cause this, but this is why we always wait a few weeks after a fill before deciding whether we have restriction or not. 

Good luck back on track!

Judy

Jean M.
on 1/10/12 5:10 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Yes.

I've had fills that took up to 2 weeks to kick in. No bariatric surgeon has ever been able to tell me why that happens, but they all agree that it does happen quite frequently.

I'm glad you feel your band is working again and ready to get back on track with your eating and exercise. Make the best of this opportunity!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

marymcd54
on 1/10/12 8:38 am - Warwick, RI
I have had 3 fills the 3rd one today and the last two kicked in about 1 1/2 weeks after. Waiting to see when today's will kick in.
I wish you a comfortable just right restriction!
Marylmcd

Most Active