Dossy30’s Posts

Dossy30
on 6/4/18 1:42 pm
Topic: RE: Could this be a slip?

Let me give my history....had lapband in 2008, it slipped in 2012 and I had it fixed. Well I woke up yesterday with a feeling of a lump in my throat. I went to my general practice dr and she ordered an x ray of thyroid and upper gi. My lapband dr couldn't get me in until Friday (go figure). But does having a lump in my thoat sound like a possible slip? It's at the bottom of my thoat at my esophagus? My thyroid numbers are always good and my thyroid wasnt enlarged. What do you all think? Oh I havent had a fill in over 2 years

Dossy30
on 12/8/11 11:26 pm
Topic: RE: Slipped band
Hi everyone.  I havent been on the board in a while b/c of work and just being so busy.  However, I found out yesterday that my band slipped.  I'm just curious to see how many  of you have had a slipped band and had it fixed and had success.  I am 3 years and 9 months banded....I'm a nervous wreck by the way:) 

Dossy30
on 8/4/10 11:37 am
Topic: RE: Band Slippage
I'm wondering if I have a slip also.  I have been through unfills and fills and cannot tolerate a fill over 5 cc's...if he goes to 5.5cc's it will NOT go through.  However, I use to have 8 cc's in my band.  I had a really bad stuck episode a few weeks ago and ever since I've had this pain everytime I eat....It's a sore type pain.  Like when I stand up I almost can't stand up straight for a few minutes.  It's tender to touch.  I went to my General Dr and she said I need my band checked....I do have th shoulder pain as well when I eat or drink.  I just thought a slip meant you couldn't keep anything down all the time....is that not the case????

Dossy30
on 8/3/10 4:04 am
Topic: RE: HELP
Ok, let me explain  my situation.  I've had several unfills and fills....Only one complete unfil.  Right now I have 5 cc's in my band.  I have noticed lately that EVERY time I eat my stomach is SORE...I'm not overeating but if any pressure is applied (above my belly button) it's sore.  Could this mean something is wrong with my band?

Dossy30
on 6/7/10 1:57 am
Topic: RE: I have questions????
The weird thing is I had 8 cc's before....

Dossy30
on 6/7/10 1:39 am
Topic: RE: I have questions????
To make a long story short, I'm 2 years and 3 months out from having my lapband.  Back in Oct, I had to have all my fluid removed due to some pain.  Then I started gradually getting it back.  But when I got to 4.5 - 5 cc's I have to go back and have it removed.  When they took my fluid out I had 8cc's in my band.  What do you think could be happening that i can't get over 5cc's without either throwing up or having chest and back pain????  it's really weird and I want to know what is going on b/c I gained 10 pounds when I didn't have any fluid and now that I can't get hardly anything in my band I can't lose it.  I don't even feel like I have a lapband right now.  I have 4.5 cc's in a 12 or 14 cc  band.....I'm having a fill under flouroscopy on June 17th to try to see what is going on but in the meantime I am trying to figure out what is going on.  It's driving me CRAZY!!  I had great success with the band up until now.

Doany of you have any suggestions as to what this could be??????

Dossy30
on 5/25/10 9:48 am
Topic: RE: What is this?????
I have noticed lately that when I do Zumba (dance exercise) that the area around my belly button gets very sore....Has anyone experienced this?  What could this be?  I also sometimes feel VERY bloated!!!!

Dossy30
on 5/10/10 3:11 am
Topic: RE: Soreness.....AHHHHHH
I had to get 1cc removed from my band on Friday.  Well my Dr was unavailable and a resident had to do it.  Well he had a hard time getting in my port and I'm VERY VERY sore today.  I have been all weekend but today is worse.  What should I take or should I call the Dr and have them give me something for pain.  Tylenol is really not working.   It's not unbearable but it's not good either.

Dossy30
on 5/6/10 9:42 am
Topic: RE: Am I to full??????
My Dr says you don't have to do liquid but you should do soft foods.  I ate a few bites of mashed potatoes.

Dossy30
on 5/6/10 7:28 am
Topic: RE: Am I to full??????
I had a small fill yesterday .5cc's and it was ok right afterwards then later in the day I got this horrible achy pain right at my breastbone and in my back.  Does this mean I'm to tight.  I found today that I never got hungry and had to force myself to eat.  I barely even drank anything and I'm a big drinker.  I'm just wondering if I should have the .5cc's removed.  The back pain is the worse.  Has anyone experienced this?  Is this just swelling or am I too tight?

Dossy30
on 4/26/10 1:05 am
Topic: RE: Question
For any of you that have had to have your fill completely removed, did you find out that when starting to get your fills back that you couldn't tollerate as much as you had before?  Just curious!!

Dossy30
on 2/10/10 10:21 pm
Topic: RE: What Are We Eating This Thursday?

Early AM - Coffee with creamer and french vanilla  but used splenda as well
Bfast - 8 oz 2% milk (all we had, out of fat free) and a packet of no sugar added carnation instant breakfast.

Lunch - Tuna with saltines

Dinner - baked chicken and veggies...

Dossy30
on 2/10/10 10:10 pm
Topic: RE: Need advice!!
Thank you all for the encouraging words.  I have decided that today was the day.  I'm going to be back to the basics.  I've gotten my lapband book back out and I'm going to be measuring and doing my water.  I had really gotten away from doing that.  But I'm BACK!!!  I appreciate you guys so much:)

Dossy30
on 2/10/10 10:08 am
Thanks Jean.....when I was being VERY successful I participated on here A LOT!  And I'll just get back the basic and measure again:)  Thanks

Dossy30
on 2/10/10 9:50 am
Next month will be my 2 year band anniversary.  I've been through some ups and downs since Oct with my band.  All of a sudden my band got 2 tight.  I had been at the same fill for 11 months and then  had to have some removed....Then had more trouble and they removed ALL my fluid in Oct, I started getting some back in Decemeber but then it was to much AGAIN and it wasn't near as much as I originally had, then went back and had some removed.  Then last month I had a little added back and it's been ok...But during all this removal I've gained about 10 pounds.  During the time I had NO fill, I did slide back into some old eating habits b/c I could eat anything and it didn't bother me.  But  how to I get out of that habit and back to the way I was??????  I'm almost depressed that I've gained 10 pounds b/c I'm short and that 10 pounds makes my clothes feel tighter......HELP!!!!!! Please give me some encouraging words to get back on track.  I want to lose this weight before I go on vacation.  With the weight I gained, I'm only 20 pounds from my goal.   I know I can lose 20 pounds by July.....And why is it that I know I've only gained about 10 pounds, but I feel like I've gained 50.  I feel so FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!  UGH

Dossy30
on 12/6/09 8:54 am
Thanks Lisa....I did have a barium xray to check my band during my unfill.  Everything looked great.   He said my pouch was still small and in great position.  So I think it's just that I need less in my band.  May have something to do with my height.  I'm only 4'3" so I may not need as much and plus I'm pretty close to goal:)  But ....I will be going tomorrow.  I'm sure not eating is considered an "emergency"....LOL!!! 

I'll update you guys tomorrow:)

Dossy30
on 12/6/09 7:29 am
Yeah, I'm able to keep liquids down...I think I'll use this opportunity to eat a little ice cream...I need something to bring my blood sugar up......FAST!!!!!!!!!!

Dossy30
on 12/6/09 6:49 am
I have a question.  I think I'm again...TOO TIGHT!!!....Let me give you some background.  In Sept. out of the blue I started  having what I thought was reflux but it was just that I was to tight so I had 8cc's in my band and he removed 3cc's.  Then I started having some shoulder pain and just for precautionary reason, they removed all my fluid in Oct.  Then I started getting my fills again in November.  I got 4cc's my first fill then I went back this past Thursday for another fill b/c I couldn't tell I had anything with 4cc's and I even gained with it, so they gave me 2cc's.  Now I can't eat anything...I haven't eaten anything at all today and barely anything yesterday.  When I take a deep breath I feel very uncomfortable under my breast bone....I know these are symptoms of being to tight right?  I just wonder why this time around, things are so much different.  I at one point had 8cc's and didn't feel this bad...

HHHEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!

AM I JUST TOOO TIGHT???

I called the dr office b/c I'm an hour away but my dr wasn't oncall and the answering service said the oncall dr couldn't tell me if I could come in tomorrow but I'm sure when I call tomorrow, I'll be able to come!!!! 

UGH

Dossy30
on 10/1/09 5:20 am
Ok, to make a long story short, I went in last Thursday with bad reflux and my DR removed 2 cc's from my bad (I had not had a fill in 10 months).  Ever since my "unfill" I have been gassy and bloated and having this SEVERE pain in my left shoulder.  What could this be????  Anyway I called my DR and I'm going in tomorrow for a barium x-ray.  He doesn't even work tomorrow but is coming in to check me.

Let me know if any of you have an ideas as to what this could be.

Dossy30
on 9/28/09 6:42 am
Topic: RE: Question....kinda embarrasing too:)
OK, I had an unfill Thursday...I was pretty tender at my port site.  That feels better but now I am so bloated and gassy.  I also have the pain in my shoulder like I did after surgery.  Has anyone experienced gas pains after an unfill?????  I wasn't sure since I've never had one before:)

Dossy30
on 9/27/09 5:36 am
Topic: RE: Had to get an unfill
Some of you may have read my posts last week regarding my reflux issues.  Well I made it in to see the Dr.  He said I was WAY to tight.  I had 8 cc's in my band and now I'm down to 5cc's.  I feel SOOOO much better.  I think they may be the reason I was so weak and it's b/c I couldn't eat enough.   Anyway, I do have a question.  Were any of you that go some fill removed SORE the next few ways?  Maybe it's b/c I have lost a good bit of weight for my height.  I've lost over 50 but I'm only 4'3" tall so he said 50 for me was like 100 for a normal height person.  Anyway....let me know if you were sore afterwards.

Dossy30
on 9/24/09 12:04 pm
Topic: RE: Dr Appt today
I went to my Dr appt today and I do NOT have a slipped band.  he said I was to tight!  it's weird b/c I haven't had a fill since Nov.  But I had 8cc's in and now I have 5cc's.  But the lump I had in my throat went away as soon as he removed some of the fill.  I just hope I don't gain any weight:)

Dossy30
on 9/23/09 8:47 am
Topic: RE: Do I have a slipped band?
OK.....I know I was here earlier today but now I've scared myself by reading everything:)  lol!!!  My husband just called me a hypochondriac:)  lol!  Anyway, I was banded March 2008 and had my last fill November 2008.  I have had great results and no issues.  The last couple months I would have bad heartburn and the pain that radiates from my chest to my back.  I knew this was a sign of reflux and I just chewed tums.  Then I started on Prilosec...Didn't help.  Went to my pcp and she put me on protonix...hasn't helped.  For 4 nights straight I have woken up 4 or more times per night refluxing so bad that it was choking me and I was inhaling it and coughing it out of my lungs.  Today I haven't been very hungry and feel like a lump in my throat.  I also feel like the little bit that I ate for lunch keeps trying to come up...kinda like I need to burp one good time.  If anyone has had a slip....please tell me does this sound familiar?  I have a DR appt tomorrow but I'm so nervous:)  Plus I'm nervous that I have to drive downtown Atlanta after all that flooding they have had....

Wish me luck...but be honest with me if these are signs of a slipped band and if you've had one how long after they find it do they normally fix it?

Dossy30
on 9/22/09 11:17 pm
Topic: RE: Reflux
Awesome...thank you guys so much.  I am calling the DR today:)  Just hope I can get there..It's in Atlanta!  The flooding is horrible.

Dossy30
on 9/22/09 10:05 pm
Topic: RE: Reflux
Yes I still measure my food and don't even eat but 4-6 ounces of food.  The reason I don't think I'm to tight is b/c I haven't had a fill since November which has been 10 months ago.  Could my band have just gotten tighter all of a sudden?

Most Active