Know this about the Sleeve

3yearsleeve
on 10/7/12 3:39 pm - Boston, MA
Just make sure if you go ahead with the sleeve that you are comfortable and able to have a second operation, a DS or Bypass. The reason is due to the Ghrelin hormone being removed by the sleeve procedure which causes u tool have no sense of hunger, however our bodie adapt and the Grehlin comes back which means you will feel hunger again. For me it was the 2 year mark, started to feel so hungry and sure enough my Grehlin levels when tested were back in the normal range. Now, I'm looking at another procedure

Reply From Nikki:

Wow I wasn't aware that the hormones for hunger would/could potentially come back! Huh....I know I don't want multiple procedures (I hate the idea of going under for any reason, but I can buck up when I have to). I'm going to go with the band. Like you said earlier there isn't one long term 5 year study that demonstrates good results...
MrsClaus09
on 11/6/12 8:22 pm

But, here's the thing.  Some of us can get through this.  I do not expect, nor would I, resort to the RnY or DS.  I am happy with my VSG and, with hard work (which is pretty much the standard for any surgery), I will not need a second procedure.

My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Cusscusscutie
on 11/18/12 3:50 am - MA

LIKE!

Michael L.
on 12/16/12 12:00 am - Fall River, MA
Who did your first surgery?

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 629 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2197 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4386 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4512 views