1 week post RNY surgery...

Lynn B.
on 7/25/11 11:29 am

I came back home last night after staying with my parents till now - finding the stairs a bit tough but I take them real slow and think of them as more movement that my body needs.

Bandages came off today in the shower - all five incisions are very small and have healed nicely.  The only thing still really visible is the nasty 10 in by 15 inch bruising all over the left side of my stomach.  It is now turning from purple to green so should be gone soon too.  Still very tender when I cough or get up or down from a laying position.  Otherwise just taking things slow.

Made it through the week of clear liquids - went grocery shopping this morning with my list of stuff for the next few weeks.  Picked up blueberries, strawberries and bananas to add to my protein shakes made with skim milk.  Picked up plain yogurt and fruit sauces varieties.  Also picked up cottage cheese and vegetable juices and cream soups.  Got a few babyfood jars of strained veggies.

Can we eat pureed vegetable chili at this stage?  Any ideas for pureed protein options outside of the shakes would be more than welcome - just for variety.   Especially for making the pureed meats palatable - Thanks!

Lynn

Hes0775
on 7/25/11 1:19 pm
Glad to hear you are healing quickly.  I get so excited when I read your progress because I know someday it will be my turn. 

Keep us posted on your progress, obstacles you face and your weight loss victories. 

Congrats, again.
Michelle_2975
on 7/27/11 1:14 am - Canada
I started eating the chili almost right away. I added lean hamburger and shreaded cheese to mine as well for added protein.  I wasn't  too adventurous in the beginning with different foods. I know that some girls add a spoon full of jam/jelly or pie filling to plain greek yogurt.

I am happy to read that everything is going well for you.

Mich

A dream come true!

Tanya W.
on 7/27/11 4:46 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I enjoyed cream of wheat made with milk at this stage. I also ate mashed potatoes with Beneprotein powder mixed in.

Just take it easy. Your body will tell you what it can tolerate.

Tanya
Most Active