seeking info on alberta surgeries

seeking_freedom
on 11/2/11 11:50 am - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 any info , advice, tips, ect on the weightwise program in edmonton, or even just any wls done in edmonton, would be appreciated. i'm new to this process, and haven't yet decided even which surgery to have.
thanks oodles

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
notoriousgrannyD
on 11/2/11 1:06 pm
VSG on 10/16/12
have you been in touch with the Alberta forum?  They could tell you more of their process for sure!  Also read, read, read - good and bad so you can make an informed decision.
skyteddy
on 11/3/11 1:06 am
I had my surgery with the weight wise program in edmonton long process took me almost 3 years and i went a total of 7 times back and forth i paid for the flight there and got my money back when i got back you have to make sure your heads is in the game because that is what set me back at least 6 months my nurse carol hated her so hopefully you dont get her and to its a very busy place so  its hard to get appointments exactly when you need them and to deal with there holidays carol was off 2 months out of the summer so lucky sometimes you can see someone else it is a good program but long any others question message me

seeking_freedom
on 11/3/11 7:29 am - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
after your assessment what other appointments did you have to attend? do they make you lose a certain amount of weight before they consider you for surgery? did you have a choice of what type of surgery you had? what types of hoops should i expect to have to jump through?
thanks for the info

Karenerickson
on 11/3/11 8:20 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

I was  referred to Edmonton as well and decided not to pursue it after talking to the nurse. I was not happy with being told that  even if I do all the work, make all the trips etc that I am approved until all their criteria is met. I didn't want to take the chance that I give them 3 years and then they say no.

I am currently on the waiting list for Regina..

Karen

sexy_me
on 11/3/11 8:39 am
VSG on 02/06/12
 Oh Yes, that is another reason why I chose not to go there. After all your time, effort and $$$ put into it... they can turn around and say NO.  
sexy_me
on 11/3/11 8:35 am
VSG on 02/06/12
 It was toooo long of a process(3 yrs+ )and very costly to go through Edmonton's Weight wise program. Don't get me wrong it's a good program, the modules you must attend before getting into the clinic are very helpful. Instead I chose to go to a Vancouver, BC program which is working great for me.
seeking_freedom
on 11/4/11 4:49 am - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 what/who is the name of the bc program, how did you manage to get refered therer?

sexy_me
on 11/5/11 4:05 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
 Well when i began the proccess, there wasn't a Manitoba program and finally when it did begin I did not qualify. 
I checked out many canadian forums for options. I found a 2-3  surgeons I thought were good options. Not all programs will accept out of province patients so I contacted them directly asking if was ok and 2 out of 3 did! So I took the 2 that would info's to my GP an asked him to refer me.  

Most Active