milk options?

seeking_freedom
on 11/13/11 10:13 am - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 hello everyone!
i've been watching this awesome girl on you tube who has had the rny, and is doing amazing. she often talks about using hood brand milk. apparently its high protien and something like 6g of sugar per cup. i know( or at least im pretty sure) that it is not available in canada. my question to you is, do we have any low sugar milk or milk substitues here in manitoba? she also talks about keeping every meal under 6g of sugar or she dumps.that sounds next to impossible to me. am i nuts or can it actually be done? any words of wisdom?
thanks 
niki

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
TotalKa_os
on 11/13/11 11:32 pm - Canada
I don't know about the milk thing...I just drink skim with a bit of protein powder mixed in.
The 6 g of sugar per meal is extremely possible...because your meals will be so tiny as it is. I haven't dumped yet...apparently only something like 30% of RNY patients do. But my meals are things like half a cup of soup with some sliced cheese, or egg whites with shredded cheese, stirfry with chicken, etc. I'm 7 weeks out of surgery and eating anything I want. If I do want to cheat (I made homemade oatmeal raison cookies with my 3 year old daughter yesterday and couldn't resist 'testing' one), I haven't had any problems with the sugar...because I can only eat one (instead of before, when I'd eat 3 or 4 and then go back an hour later for 3 or 4 more!!).
I think I'll go crazy if I have to start counting my grams of sugar per meal! That sounds like a lot of work. I'm already having enough problems logging my protein intake.

HW: 290 SW: 260 CW: 165 Their goal: 195 My goal: 160

tuckergirl
on 11/14/11 12:03 am - Canada
I had VSG and I try to stay away from alot of dairy.
So I LIVE off of Almond Milk.

Ticker id: tnRU

Most Active