yoga?

1crazy_cat_lady
on 4/15/12 7:12 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Does anyone know if there are yoga classes in Winnipeg specifically geared to the overweight/obese/morbidly obese?  I'm interested in taking classes but don't think I would be comfortable with my limitations in a regular class.

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/12 8:28 am
No i dont know of any but I totally agree with you!! I've never done yoga, but i know i would be very uncomfotable in a room of fit individuals.. sorry i couldnt help any
1crazy_cat_lady
on 4/15/12 9:09 am - Winnipeg, Canada
no problem Trish! Maybe if enough people felt that way....
If anyone knows Yoga teachers, make the suggestion! Looks like they could get 2 of us

seeking_freedom
on 4/16/12 12:32 pm - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 depending on location, i'd be a third!
niki

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/12 2:01 pm
Hi Ladies, well I have found a place that holds Yoga Classes with aprox 8 ppl being the biggest for a class. And she is open to doing one just for us.  i have not replied to her yet, "Here is her response to my email. "I am so excited about your interest in yoga.  My yoga studio can accomodate about 8 bodies, so needless to say the setting is quite intimate and I should add that I end all my classes with a 10 minute guided meditation.  I would be willing to have a class just for you and your girlfriends if you could get 4 or 5 to commit.  My schedule is really busy so you'd have to let me know what days of the week and times work for your group and we'll see what works for all of us.  The class would be approximately 75 minutes and I charge $15/class for drop-in and $120 for a 10 clas*****h card that would be good for 12 weeks or 10 classes (whichever comes first)."

I dont konw if there is anyone else interested in Meditations,Reika or Chakras like I am.. if so let me know and we can see what we can put together that we can attend once a week or so.

Have a good night Ladies and ttys

1crazy_cat_lady
on 4/25/12 2:16 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
hmmmm.  I work evenings Monday to Friday so mornings or weekends is what works for me.  I must admit that as a born again christian, chokras and stuff like that makes me nervous but I am willing to try once!

Most Active