Finally Fixed!

Lynn B.
on 4/19/12 1:27 pm
Hello to everyone,

At the last meet and greet I was still suffering from abdominal pains that caused me to have a twisting feeling in my intestines, chills, nausea and vomitting foamy bile that would last between 30 minutes to an hour after I would eat.  It didn't happen everytime I ate though, and there was no rhyme or reason to which foods would trigger it.  The pain was in my bellybutton area, but I imagine this could vary.

It got so bad, that I was unable to work and lost 17 lbs in a 3 week period.  I became very dehydrated and as the doctors were unable to get me in for a gastroscopy any earlier than April 10th, I had to be admitted into the hospital on April 7th in order to be put on IV to rehydrate me and keep me out of pain until my procedure could be done. 

In the last month I have had an MRI, CT scan,regular x-rays, a small bowel follow through x-ray, gastroscopy and finally an exploratory laproscopy.  In the final laproscopy, they detected a massive hernia (referred to as a Petersen's Hernia which can occur with Roux-en-Y gastric bypasses).  Dr. Vergis repaired it and I am on the road to recovery at last.  I will be off work a few more weeks, but am so relieved that they were able to find the source of my troubles. 

I just wanted to give you a description of the symptoms in case others may experience something similar.  Make sure you don't ignore it and seek medical attention.  I hope to be good as new in time for the next Meet and Greet

Lynn

rainyone
on 4/19/12 1:30 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
OMG I am so glad you are on the mend.

Take care!

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

grneyedgrl75
on 4/19/12 1:41 pm - Canada
hi Lynn,

so glad they figured it all out and you're finally on the mend...hope you have a speedy recovery and hopefully we'll see you at the next meet and greet!!

Cheers'
Nicole

Kokonut
on 4/19/12 11:49 pm
OMG Lynn, I am so glad you posted!! I was thinking of you and feeling terrible! I am glad that Dr. Vergis fixed you up! He is AWESOME!  Take it easy and rest up...so we can party at the next M&G
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Used2Bthin
on 4/20/12 7:20 am - Canada
Glad you are doing better.  It sucks it happened but at least it is over and you can get back to normal.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
seeking_freedom
on 4/20/12 7:49 am - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 im so sorry to hear you went through that, what an ordeal! but its great you posted about it, hopefully someone else can be given comfort in knowing your story!
best of luck, heal well
niki

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
Sista10
on 4/20/12 8:02 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Glad to hear Lynn, wishing you a speedy recovery
Take care
Shannon
Madelaine2000
on 4/20/12 9:44 am
Glad to hear you are on the mend..must have been scary for you.
justlori
on 4/20/12 12:10 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
So glad to hear they found the problem, it's fixed and now you're on the mend.  Full speed ahead!!!  I bet your arms are looking great too!!

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

Lynn B.
on 4/20/12 1:49 pm
Thanks everyone - yes it is a relief that things are getting back to normal.  Feels odd being in the position of actually making the effort to GAIN weight.  I am still trying to put another 5-10 lbs back on!   I will enjoy the extra calories while I can - lol

Most Active