2 Years

Michelle_2975
on 1/18/13 5:57 am - Canada

Yesterday was my 2 year surgiversary. Wow, life is different for me.  Before surgery I was just existing, now I'm living!!! I don't walk around with my head down anymore, I actually meet peoples eyes. I don't try to get the closest parking spot at the mall, I park waaaaaaaay back and in the winter run (too cold) to the doors. Hey! I can run, couldn't do that for years. I feel great, people tell me I look great, I wouldn't trade this for the world. I love that I got wls.

It was and still is the best decision that I have ever made.  There has also been changes in my personality. I feel during the last 12 years with my ex have been very stifling.  I  had been okay with it for years. About last spring I felt the change in me so much that I had to do something about it. I finally after 10 years in this city I got some friends and actually met someone who now I call my bestie. It has been great. Unfortunately my new confidence wasn't taken too well by my husband and we are no longer together. It is a good thing and I would have never found the courage inside to be without him if I never got this surgery.

So now I am in the best shape of my life. I am diabetes free (thank God) and the last time I was this weight I think I was in grade 4.  I can run around, dance  ALL nigh long (!), keep up with my new friends, have less back issues and I am free to do what I want. I can even jump double dutch!  Dr. V will always be my hero.

I would do this a hundred times over if that is what it took!

A dream come true!

Kokonut
on 1/18/13 12:47 pm

WHOOHOOO!! Way to go girl!! :) Isn't it crazy how much things can change? I still have a hard tine looking ppl in the eye sometimes but I love all the new parking options too..LOL My kids laugh and say "mom, it's kinda cold, do we have to WALK all that way?!"

I'm sad to hear about you and your hubby, but I am also VERY glad you are now happy and full of courage and confidence! Be who you are girl, that's all you can do.  Ahhh I miss the veterans...we need a party...seriously! LOL time to catch up!!

Dr. V is also my hero, as well as Dr. H. I don't know if they even fathom how much improved our lives are because of their interest and compassion! I will be thankful to them forever :) I wanna jump double dutch again...come over and we'll show my kids how!!

Super proud of you beautiful!! :) So glad I got to know you  bit over the last 2 years..holy...2 YEARS!!!...Congrats girl!!

Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Sista10
on 1/20/13 9:55 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Wow 2 years, it's gone so fast. I glad you are happy now and in a good place. We do go through may changes with this surgery physical and emotional, but it's all good,Cause we feel and look great!!
Keep up Michelle.

Ps
Yes us veterans should get together soon
Mrs.Jackatar
on 1/21/13 9:42 am - Pine Falls, Canada
Happy 2 year Surgiversary! When we go through major life changing events, we grow, learn and become people we are meant to be. Unfortunately people in our lives cannot keep up to the change or growth. This is another part of your journey. Because you deserve to be YOU! I am so proud of you and all of us really!
This is the best gift we could of given OURSELVES! Yes, the opportunity was a blessing but ultimately WE did this for ourselves. We all should very, very proud of ourselves.
Sending you lots of well wishes and an exciting, adventurous future.
We only go around this way once!
We should definitely get together.

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

Michelle_2975
on 1/24/13 6:28 am - Canada

Now that the old man is gone, we should have a party @ my house.

Dianne C.
on 1/24/13 9:18 am - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

Michelle, you need a new picture!!

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

Most Active