Does anyone have this?

notoriousgrannyD
on 6/10/13 3:36 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Okay, sounds weird but here goes.  I am 8 months out of VSG and work out regularly.  The last 2-3 months I have been getting a "tinglely numb" area in my back under my left shoulder blade at about bra strap level.  It doesn't hurt, it just feels like when your foot falls asleep,.... kinda annoying.  When it started it was mostly only when I was working out but it has progressed to flaring up anytime I move around.  I talked to my Dr. about it last month at a check up but she said we would just keep an eye on it and it might resolve on it's own.  Since then it has intensified so I have done a little research and have found numerous posts on this being a symptom of Gallbladder trouble.  On my Barium Swallow I did indeed have a GB stone, but I have had it for more than 18 years with no symptoms, especially like this.   

Has anyone else experienced or heard of this?  I know GB problems can be a side effect of WLS so I thought I would check with you fine folks.   Thanks for any feedback

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Karenerickson
on 6/10/13 12:38 pm - Portage La Prairie, Canada

It may very well be your gall bladder. I was amazed at how many things hurt from it and cleared up once I had the surgery. I had continual pain in my ribcage area just under my right breast like I was bruised and it never went away until after surgery. I had terrible reflux for years which vanished after the surgery as well.

Hope you can get this checked out and resolved. It's no fun being uncomfortable and in pain. Take care.

Karen

Mrs.Jackatar
on 6/10/13 12:50 pm - Pine Falls, Canada

Not to diagnose you but... it sounds like a "pinched nerve" or musculosketelal.... I have felt that too. I chalked it up to neuro/musculo/skeletal. Mine usually was short lived and it was associated with lifting and improper stretching of the muscles in the upper torso area.... the trapezous muscle inflammation can feel like that. 

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

Michelle_2975
on 6/10/13 1:43 pm - Canada

Maybe go see a chiropractor. I have gotten a lot of aches and pains taken away by seeing one.

A dream come true!

rainyone
on 6/11/13 12:59 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

I'm thinking muscles.... It's funny how losing weight can put stress on different parts of the body and take stress off others. Your gait  changes, The way you hold yourself .. especially that it was rapid. 

Try massage and physio or chiro and see if that helps. 

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

TeashaLorna
on 6/11/13 12:42 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

I have had different things in different areas also mine was from my body shifting and bones moving back into place that were pushed out  etc etc. Good Luck but the massage sounds like an awesome idea.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Most Active