a really stupid question

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/08 4:28 am - Hagerstown, MD
when you were sent home after your surgery, what did they give you for pain if anything at all?  You can't take a pill......is it sublingual, liquid, etc?
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/08 4:38 am - FL
I was give liquid percocet.  good stuff I might add
mom24girls
on 5/3/08 7:18 am - Essex, MD
I actually was given regular percocet. I did fine with it.

Dianne

Kathy T.
on 5/3/08 7:51 am - Rosedale, MD
I was given a script for liquid percocet, but never filled it. I had liquid Tylenol for just in case, but it still has the seal on it.
Hugs!
Kathy
Darla P.
on 5/3/08 10:16 am - Timonium, MD
Liquid form and I only used it twice:  Try Tylanol till sugury date I know you are hurting now but you will feel so much better after surgury:  the first weeks are rough but  10 months out I walked around towsontown festival today for 4 hours and that was after 1.5 hours of time at the gym. I look back now and am constantly amazed at the changes in m y life. Darla  

Darla     -

itsjust4me
on 5/3/08 10:17 am - MD
I was actually give oral dilaudid.  I think I took 2 out of the entire bottle.  I took it mostly because I had a back ache.
Kim

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/08 10:48 am - Hagerstown, MD
yeah I have a very bad back (especially when I wake up of a morning because sleep on my stomach) and my knees are killing me......I'm sure going to have these problems after surgery too.  I have a townhouse that I'm going to need to get up the stairs and I want to be able to do that without having to use my arms to pull me up because my knees can't straighten.
sta6160
on 5/3/08 11:19 am - Frederick, MD

I had my lap band surgery Jan 23 2008 and my Dr. gave me Oxycodone for pain.  It is a small pill that dissolves quickly in your new "pouch".  I only took them for 2-3 days

telsll
on 5/3/08 9:12 pm - Lusby, MD
I was given regular tylenol pills and they worked fine.  Seemed better than the percocet!  One of my worst fears for the recovery period, was dealing with my chronic back pain.  I was so scared, but knew there was going to be no getting around it.  Guessing my angel was with me, because I tell you, my pain during recovery was non-existant.  Not sure why or how, but it was gone.  Showed up again a few weeks later, but I was good to go by then.  Best of luck with your upcoming surgery, and hope you get the same "break" from your back pain, that I was lucky enough to get.

"Ours not to reason why, Ours but to do and die".  Alfred Lord Tennyson

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/08 9:39 pm, edited 5/3/08 9:41 pm - Leonardtown, MD
Like Kristen, I too had liquid percocet.   I'll tell you what, though, there wasn't enough liquid percocet in the world for my trip home from the hospital.  I had a VBG with sleeve at 7 am and was out the door by 11 am the next day.  It was incredibly painful to step up into my truck (I thought it would be much better than getting DOWN into my wife's car).  My drive home was 2 hrs of complete hell.  It was as if she hit every pot hole and bump along the way.  The expansion joints on the WW Bridge were a new definition of PAIN! Like everybody else, I didn't take much of the pain med.  It was only a couple times (after I got home!).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1838 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2789 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4004 views