Wonderful Site

CoachDoc
on 6/7/11 5:05 am - Frederick, MD
I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Dan.  Although I personally have not undergone bariatric surgery, my significant other had her lap band placed just over a year ago.  Although I am a nurse and spent the past severn years working in the emergency department, I recently was offered and accepted the position as the Bariatric Program Coordinator at Frederick Memorial Hospital in Frederick, Maryland.

I became a memebr of this site not only to learn more about the various procedures and about the trials struggles of the people going through the various treatments, but as well as to be so motivated by the control each of you is taking over your lives and health - it truly helps me re-focus my own efforts of getting back to a better, healthier life.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this great community!

Crimson
on 6/7/11 10:03 pm - MD
Nice to see a healthcare professional in the field ! Welcome and i hope you get a great view of bariatric surgery/patients from this site!!

Oh, and venture out in the other forums as well because this state forum isn't as active unfortunately
Cira S.
on 6/10/11 10:27 pm - Charles Town , WV
Welcome to OH!   Congratulations wishing you all the in your new endeavor. 

Reading members profiles is very helpful as well.

Take care,

Cira

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

FugueStateKnits
on 6/26/11 3:06 pm - MD
Congratulations on your new job and kudos to you for coming here! It was the medical professionals in my life who finally convinced me that weight loss surgery was a viable option and not just some new and dangerous fad. Not one of them had anything bad to say about it and each and every one of them had the facts - and the encouragement - at hand.  So, it's a good thing when a medical professional who has also experienced this in his/her private life comes aboard:)
Welcome!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1855 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2805 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4019 views