Hello....anyone out there?

Nicole T.
on 8/25/11 9:23 pm
wow this board is truly dead. pretty sad. just wanted to post and see if anyone replies. how ya'll doing?
EthelMae
on 8/25/11 9:53 pm - MD
Hey Nicole.

It's great to see that people do still come here.

I have been lurking since 2007 and can remember when this board was very active, sometimes too active with the cat fights, etc.

Wonder where everyone went?  I realize life gets in the way and things change, but people still need to have support, vent or whatever.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

Nicole T.
on 8/26/11 12:05 am
well unfortunately the cat fights is what killed the board. very sad. yes people need support and help especially when they are new to the journey. I am here if you ever need anything or have questions. maybe one day the board will wake up in a positive way :)
EthelMae
on 8/26/11 11:46 am - MD
Thanks, Nicole.

You and Cira are the bestest of the best.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

Cira S.
on 8/29/11 2:49 pm - Charles Town , WV
Hi Barb,

I am sorry that this board has gone to the dumps.  Fortunately it really doesn't have to be that way anymore.  I came around a few times posted and not even receive a response sometimes.  I figured eventually it will change and the board will wake up again with nice, caring and supportive people minus the cat fights.

This Summer was a major challenge for me because I had my four grand children staying with me for the entire Summer. So that made *7* kids in this house every single day.  My oh my I thought I wasn't going to survive it.  lol  Online schooling support groups and 7 kids just about sucked the life out of me. So it really was hard for me to continue coming over here trying to offer my support.

But my house is almost back to normal and my kids are in school except my 3 year old and my 2 year old grandson.  So I only have 2 here with me during the day and today was a great day.  I needed the break big time.  lol   Hopefully, I can focus more on stopping by on OH to give support for those who need it and want it.

I hope and pray that all is well with you and that Irene did not do any damage in your area.  How are you doing? Tell me what have you been up to of late? Tell me how is your journey coming along. I am here for you. I am just an email or message away.   (email: [email protected])

Take care and stay in touch. 

Cira

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Andy Kovatch
on 8/27/11 7:50 am - York, PA
Hi Nicole,

It is very sad, without question.  I tried to revive the board a few months ago and some of the "old-timers" responded.  I had asked what happened, just like you did here, and that's when I found out about the cat fighting.  I felt as though I were trying too hard to "beg" people to post and decided I just wasn't going to continue.  People either felt the need to get this place back in order or forget about it.  Unfortunately, it appears pretty much everybody decided to forget about it. 

I actually check in regularly hoping to see a thread like this started by a "regular", with hopes it would sweep some lurkers out of the woodwork.  I'll continue to do so with hopes that slowly - but surely - we can get enough people posting regularly to build things up to where they once were.  By the way, you look fantastic.  Hope all is well.  Take care.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

Cira S.
on 8/29/11 2:50 pm - Charles Town , WV
I hope you are doing well Andy. 

Take care

Cira

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Nicole T.
on 8/30/11 5:47 am
hopefully we can restart the board. time will tell. i definitely don't want to be the only starter of posts. hopefully more of us can.
ladybugnessa
on 8/27/11 9:38 am - Owings Mills, MD
well I hang out on the main board and on the facebook group more than any thing... of course at 2 years out I can pay it forward so I check the board a  few times a week...

Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

EthelMae
on 8/27/11 12:01 pm - MD
Facebook group?

~Barb

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1852 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2801 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4018 views