Any newbies that like to

ladybugnessa
on 9/12/11 3:58 am - Owings Mills, MD
Welcome... impatient and nervous before surgery is common!

Less than 4 weeks till your surgery...

congrats on the approval!
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

EthelMae
on 9/12/11 4:34 am - MD
Hi Emilia.

Welcome to the Maryland board.

You are really getting close to your surgery date.  Before you know it, it will all be over.  Then, the fun starts.  

Also, it's normal to become scared, anxious, "why the hell am I doing this", etc. the closer you get to surgery.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

Emilia I.
on 9/15/11 12:04 am - MD
I still can't believe it... no really... I can't believe that it is going to happen. I probably won't either until I wake up from surgery, LOL. Thank you all for your support. I would like to know where you ladies are at as far as your journey and did any of you get plastic surgery afterwards.. for example a tummy tuck and how do you feel now? Would you do it again?

Cira S.
on 9/16/11 10:59 am - Charles Town , WV
Hi Emilia,

You can check my profile and see my journey there.  I am 4 1/2 years post op and no I have not had plastic surgery.  Finances has been a killer for the past 3 years so I have had to put that on the back burner.  My surgeon had given me the ok to have PS 1 1/2 years ago. 

I hope and pray that this coming year is better for us so that I can focus on getting a lower body lift and tummy done, arms and breast augmentation. 

~Cira

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

hrford
on 9/15/11 10:52 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 I'm just starting the journey.  I had my initial group consult and my surgeon will most likely be Dr. Lin at Bethesda Naval.  I'm really excited about him and his staff.  I'd love to hear from anyone who has been to Bethesda and their experience.  I am planning on getting the Sleeve so I have mainly been there.  I tried to do this last year but at the time Tricare had a different set of rules and I didn't qualify.  Now I'm going through the MTF so it doesn't even matter.

I already have all my appointments book and I should be able to see the surgeon in early December and hopefully get a surgery date in January or February.  Thanks for the welcome.

R

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Cira S.
on 9/16/11 11:05 am - Charles Town , WV
Congratulations on getting back on the ball for the major change of your life!  

Jan or Feb will be here in no time. Soon you will be a "Loser Army Wife"!   By the way thank your husband for serving our Country.  

As far as getting an answer I think you should post a new message on the MD forum so people can see it since this one is 2 pages behind.  

I don't have an answer but I want to wish you all the best in your journey.

~Cira

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1852 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2801 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4016 views