tell me your plastic surgery story

Nicole T.
on 8/31/11 9:27 pm
i am not ready yet to get plastic surgery. I still have fifty pounds i want to lose before I bother doing it. but i need alot of work done and am basically terrified of the whole thing.

can you tell me your story, what surgeon you used, what procedures you had done, how you paid for it and if you are happy with your results. If you feel uncomfortable posting here, feel free to contact me privately. thanks :)
EthelMae
on 8/31/11 10:57 pm - MD
Nicole,

I don't have one yet, but I am sure that I will.

I am only 3 months out, so I still have a way to go.  But, my arms would be the area I need it the most.  The other stuff, I can hide. 

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

SassySteph
on 8/31/11 11:56 pm - Lusby, MD
Nicole,

15 months after my RNY I reached goal after losing 130 pounds and had a lower body lift (LBL) he removed 12 pds. of skin.  My surgeon was Dr. Mitchell Kreiger in Fairfax, VA, he was awesome, I had to pay out-of-pocket insurance would not cover any of it I have BCBS.  I was also terrified more scared than when I had my RNY, honestly it was painful and hard to get comfortable because you are cut all the way around, but I will say it was worth every penny and all of the pain and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I still need to to have some upper skin removed and will some day as soon as I can afford it.  Unitl I had the skin removed I just still felt fat and none of my clothes fit right, it was so worth it.

Stephanie

ladybugnessa
on 9/1/11 12:55 am - Owings Mills, MD
I had a tummy tuck and a breast lift back in June.  I was 150 pounds.   I lost 5 pounds of skin.  I used Dr. G. Thomas Grace at St. Agnes and I LOVE THIS MAN... he's down to earth and realistic.

the tummy tuck was the worst pain I have ever had... seriously... pain killers were my friends. I needed 100% full time care at home for at least 3 or 4 days... and I was not up for anything like showering for at least a week.

my daddy paid the bill but I'm finding my insurance is covering some of it.. they have already covered the pathology reports and the mamogram required... now they are mulling over the actual surgery and the anesthesia is being submitted....

any questions?  I leave a lot of it out I' am sure.
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Cira S.
on 9/1/11 2:59 am - Charles Town , WV
Unfortunately, I am no way near getting plastic surgery.  I hope some day and I want to go to the same Doctor that tephanie went to cause I met him in person and I really like him.

Good luck!

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1852 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2801 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4016 views