psychologists visits

kcfrederick
on 5/12/05 1:09 am - Waldorf, MD
Are there any recommendations for psychologists in the southern maryland area? i need to try and find one so i can knock that step out. it's a shame my therapist can't just fill out the information *grumbles* thanks! Kelly
pkitty
on 5/12/05 1:21 am - Silver Spring, MD
Have you chosen a surgeon yet? If so, his/her office can recommend mental health pros who are familiar with doing the WLS psych evaluation. The psych eval also isn't the same from surgeon to surgeon - if you had an evaluation now, the surgeon might require you to do it all over again anyway because it wasn't what s/he wanted. It's possible your therapist could do the evaluation, with the surgeon's okay. Never hurts to ask!
Melanie O.
on 5/12/05 2:48 am - Germantown, MD
I had to travel out of the way to find one that accepts my insurance and knows about WLS. ( Blue Choice HMO) ( right off Farragut North Metro stop) I selected : MADRIGAL, ENRIQUE, MD PSYCHIATRIST 1001 Connecticut Ave Nw Ste 1015 Washington, DC 20036 202-296-5222 Good luck!
vicky3
on 5/12/05 12:03 pm - Anytown, MD
What do they do? Ask you questions to determine if you are mentally healthy enough to cope with the changes and/or whether you are doing it for the right reasons?
Melanie O.
on 5/12/05 10:41 pm - Germantown, MD
The surgeon gave me a list of questions for the psych to cover. The questions that were covered: demographics, family/marital history,eating/dieting habits etc... Basically making sure that you are fully cognizant about the risks and responsibilities that go with this type of surgery and to make sure you will follow thru with the post-op instructions. If you are going thru major depression or other deep psychiatric issues, they may suggest a few sessions of counseling prior to surgery.. Mel..
vicky3
on 5/13/05 10:52 am - Anytown, MD
Well that's interesting. Yes there are lots of risks and responsibilities that go along with this. That's why it irks me to hear some SKINNY person talk about how undisciplined people use this surgery to "be lazy" or to "take the easy way out." They have no freakin' clue. Thanks for the info.
kcfrederick
on 5/13/05 10:35 pm - Waldorf, MD
Hey Melanie, Thanks for the tip. I have a consultation with Dr. Kligman on the 2nd, and would like to try and get everything i possibly can out of the way, prior to seeing him. Now to just find out if this Dr. accepts UHC. ugh what a pain in the rear!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1933 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2877 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4091 views